What Route To Ride In A Non Twinshock Trial?

scotty

right im getting a bit confused on what route to enter my majesty 250 in? i done a local trial and entered the red route (middle) and although i cleaned a few sections i also got a fair few 2-3's and 3 sections were almost impossible! this last few may have been down to lack of experirence? on the easy route there was quite a few brand new (modern) bikes being ridden! this got me thinking should i be on the easy route and try a few harder sections? (bearing in mind im on a 27 year old bike with drum brakes etc! etc!) as and when i come across them? this trial was an inter trial with 50/50 routes!

the trial wasnt a twinshock/classic one, if your a clubman/sportsman competing in a trial set out for modern bikes is it best to keep to the easy route? im not no expert!!! :o

right im getting a bit confused on what route to enter my majesty 250 in? i done a local trial and entered the red route (middle) and although i cleaned a few sections i also got a fair few 2-3's and 3 sections were almost impossible! this last few may have been down to lack of experirence? on the easy route there was quite a few brand new (modern) bikes being ridden! this got me thinking should i be on the easy route and try a few harder sections? (bearing in mind im on a 27 year old bike with drum brakes etc! etc!) as and when i come across them? this trial was an inter trial with 50/50 routes!

the trial wasnt a twinshock/classic one, if your a clubman/sportsman competing in a trial set out for modern bikes is it best to keep to the easy route? im not no expert!!! :o

My advice to you would be stick to the classic trial's mate,don't think you'd ever get a decent ride at a cater for all trial to be honest.

My advice to you would be stick to the classic trial's mate,don't think you'd ever get a decent ride at a cater for all trial to be honest.

Totally agree stick to Classic and twinshock events. Moderns and Classics dont mix IMHO.

In all of our club trials we put on three routes. Good riders on twinshocks and pre-65 machines can - and do- win the middle B route! That said, the lesser lights have been known to loose 100 on the C route on modern bikes.

A lot of it's down to ability; I consider myself to be a passable clubman and expect to loose around 10 on the B route... if Alan Taylor and Steve Clarke turn up on their BSA250's they'll expect to go clean!

I suggest taht you simply ride with a few different clubs and speak to as many other riders as possible. That way you'll soon get to learn what clubs and which routes to choose and which to avoid!

Totally agree stick to Classic and twinshock events. Moderns and Classics dont mix IMHO.

OTF! I look in TMX Regs! but only see a few classic trials? how do i get a list of events and times? do the sammy miller ones ALL involve roadwork as he majesty isnt road reg'd!

thanks!

Dont know where abouts in the country you are mate. We are a bit spoilt i suppose here in Derbyshire. Just have to keep your eyes on T&MX. It's just that i have found that the stuff modern bike riders seem to like to ride isnt quite what the old twinshocks were built for. Even if they have an "easy" route it still never seems to quite work out right. Just have to ride at a few clubs. Look at the results in T&MX for how the twinshocks did marks wise. Ask other twinshock riders etc. eventually you will find the events and clubs within a distance you are comfortable with.

Other alternative is to get the Majesty registered and enter the Miller rounds etc.

Sorry cant be more helpful. It's not that i dont like modern bikes just that their riders are looking for a different sort of challenge to me and i dont see why i should be there just as a cash cow to bolster the funds. I pay the same as anybody else so deserve an enjoyable ride. Just vote with your feet and enjoy your trialing :o

get the Majesty road registered...:o I've given up on the three route cater-for-all trials in a way and moved to the classic events, such as the Sammy Miller rounds. Far more fun. S'pose I'm lucky locally as there are plenty of classic trials (Wye Valley, Gwent Classic etc) and not enough modern trials (eh Stu...)

Hey Malc, WVAC are doing 3 routes Sunday. The last Gwent "classic" me and Pitley went to was not set out for the twinshocks very well I thought. As you know I have the a/c mono. Maybe I was having a bad day ???? (again):o

It is a very fine line to be able to cater for all successfully.

Edited by bo drinker

I Live in northampton! I'll get the majesty registered! ive got a beamish thats already road reg'd so might use that? what about fuel range?

most twinshocks only have a 1 gallon tank! is that enough? to get around! thanks Nick. P.S anyone know dates and area's the last sm rounds are???

I Live in northampton! I'll get the majesty registered! ive got a beamish thats already road reg'd so might use that? what about fuel range?

most twinshocks only have a 1 gallon tank! is that enough? to get around! thanks Nick. P.S anyone know dates and area's the last sm rounds are???

Sounds like the best idea mate.

Assuming you are an ACU licence holder look in the handbook for the dates and venues :o

Assuming you are an ACU licence holder look in the handbook for the dates and venues :o

I'm afraid that you won't find the dates in the handbook.

If you look on the ACU website the info is there.

I'm afraid that you won't find the dates in the handbook.

If you look on the ACU website the info is there.

Sorry i knew it was one or the other. That'll teach me to check before typing.