Junior Kickstart

kickstart101

Hi to everyone who remembers junior kickstart or who still has some episodes on tape, i am 99% certain i found the place where it was filmed today. Found it on the map and went to have a look on my way back from seeing the Formula one test at silverstone. It's just north of towcester along the A43. The place was pretty deserted and looked like it aint been used for years but was able to make out some parts that were used for filming about 20 years ago.

take a look.... :o

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex...32544838&f=

i used to go to kickstart when ever i could it was mostly filmed on a friday so i had to wag of work.it took most of day a lot of standing around.it was done on lord heskith land.coming from towster on dual carridgeway to northampton about 1 mile on left looks like farm entrance.i have lots of photos i took.eddie and his brothers always had odd mods to there bikes.one brother had lead weights on a bracket on front spindle on his honda i think might have been a pre production tlr 250.eddie himself on his one of 360 had lots of mods looking like he made himself.i wonder what happened to the 360,hope honda did not crush it like they did to a lot of bikes.

Yes, that's it. The place is called Easton Neston and was owned by Lord Hesketh.

Me and my son were regular attenders at the filming of Kickstart and Junior Kickstart, sometimes enroute to the British GP practice at Silverstone.

Those were the days Eddy Lejune in the morning and Freddie Spencer in the sfternoon.

• 3 weeks later...