Thinking About A New Helmet

ridgrunr

Larry, once you get your pegs lowered and your bars raised, you may still find the Bell helmet restricts your head movement. The NZI doesn't come down nearly as far in back, or on the sides and front either. I have had 2 NZI helmets now, a polycarbonate and a carbon fibre, they are both light and allow good vision. The polycarbonate helmet isn't really that great looking, though. If you saw it on the shelf beside the Bell, you would probably expect it to sell for about half of what the Bell does. Instead it would cost you about twice as much. The carbon fibre model is much better finished, but of course costs even more. Most trials specific helmets are quite pricey, must be a supply and demand thing. Neither NZI has a removable liner, and the buckles rust quickly if you don't look after them. They are very light and comfortable, though (for me, anyway). Bruce

Edited by brucej

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yamaha_dude

Does anyone have and picturs of the NZI because people seem to have very bad opinions of them and especially their looks.

I ordered an xpeed capella helmet. In my opinion/experience, their sizing guide appears to be off a bit as it would indicate that I should be between a L and an XL. I had to exchange my original purchase because it was too small. I eventually got an XXL and even it is a bit snug. In case it helps anyone out, my head measured about 23.25 inches when the tape was pulled snug, and about 23.5 inches when the tape was let out a bit more to be more comfortable. The sizing guide said L was for 23 1/8 and XL was for 23 1/2 and XXL is for 24 1/2 inches. You would think that the XXL would be way too big for me, but it's definitely not.

Dunno much about helmets, but i'm looking for a new as well. Have been using an old one that my Dad got from a friend I think. Is quite good, fairly light, but not as light as new one. Main trouble is the lining! Its all falling apart :D , with the foam padding disintegrating more every time I take it off! :lol:

Pity really as it is quite comfortable really!

Wish I knew what make it is because then I could look for another one!

Pete (one-dab-or-two)