Unsung Hero Of Hawkstone

Andy

Obviously, laying on an event on the scale of Hawkstone is a massive venture and, whilst I don't know everything that's involved, I do get a good idea of the work that's needed due to working closely with Jake throughout the year. It's a mammoth task these guys take on and there are loads of people involved in making it happen.

However, there is one guy who I think deserves a little bit of public recognition for the work he does as he's very much behind the scenes, but he has worked his a**e off for the past three years to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible. Apart from his involvement in preparing the site and the sections, on "race day" he is absolutely everywhere to make sure bent markers are replaced, snapped section tape is sorted, loose rocks are removed lest they fall on spectators and generally doing all he can to ensure a successful and smooth event. Long after you lot had gone home I saw him out on his bike collecting marker flags and helping with the clear up. The general public don't get to see, or even think about that side of things, but Harry Lampkin - I salute you for all you've done to ensure the success of these events for the past three years.

A great job done by harry again! i will buy him a pint when i see him again in our local boozers of silsden!

Fair call Andy. I've also been trying to think if there is any other major sport in which a single family has made such a significant contribution over the years as the Lampkins have to Off Road motorcycling and particularly Trials?