Cheap Digital Camera

Guest Yamaha_dude

Guest Yamaha_dude

Hi im wanting a really cheap basic digital camera, it dosnt have to take videos or anything like that.

mainly i want it to take pictures of still, motionless trials bikes to put on web adverts, but also i would like it to take decent pics of movin bikes and still have decent quality, it needs to connect upto a windows 98 machine.

im pretty picky with this i know but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Rich

I bought a Kodak CX6200 when I was in the states last year for $100, really proud of myself grabbing such a bargain until I realised that amazon.co.uk do them as well for about 60 odd quid. I thought that at the price it might be cheap and cheerful but after using it and along with other customer reviews I've realised it's a really good wee camera. 2mp is sufficient for my use and it is even robust enough to have been dropped twice.

It's also a doddle to use as most of the setting and navigation come off a main menu, yet the review and delete functions (the most common) have their own specific buttons.

Another benifit is the fact that you can get the benifit of digital photography without the need to buy a computer ( probably a moot point for people reading an online trials forum but I digress....) as you can buy a printer dock , again, from Amazon for

I've got a Kodak LS443 and I'm might pleased with - enduro, MX, trials and student photography - got my photos in TMX and local paper - 4 mega-pix and a 128mb card - its all good to me.

I've broke it twice in the first year and got it fixed under warranty no problem

can't really fault it when I'm walking about next to the ray archers, dick laws, etc with huge

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

All the digital cameras I see anymore look excellent. I think the most important, and frequently overlooked, items anymore are the batteries and the storage medium. I try to only get electronic gizmos that have rechargeable aa or aaa batteries, and try to get all of the gizmos to use the same storage medium -- which for me happens to secure digital. By doing that, my gps, mp3 players, digital cameras all use the same batteries and storage mediums which dramatically simplifies things and allows me to almost always have extra batteries or memory cards. If, for example, I really need a couple more shots and have used up my card and/or batteries, I can just slip out the card or batteries from my gps. And I don't need to have different chargers and card readers all over the place -- and in an emergency can always just get a pack of aa or aaa batteries. I happened to get a Kodak easyshare by the way, which I am quite pleased with.