Speed Bleeders

gaby

an acquaintance who road races swears by them. They bleed brakes every day.

I have no expereince. My first thought is that the reverse bleeding direction seems easier and better on the front. ON the back, I'd like to hear others experience.

k

I think part of the problem with bleeding trials brakes is the extremely small volume of fluid that is displaced with each stroke of the Master cylinder.

Personally, I doubt they would work well in a trials application, but would be interested to hear how they do.

Yeah, i,ve got some on my road bike and can honestly say that they are absolutely fantastic- no more wishing i had a third arm and fluid all over the floor scenarios. Havn,t tried them on the trials bike yet, but when the fluid,s due for renewal, they WILL be going on!! One thing though.. do not drain the hoses when you are putting them on, if you can, as it takes a while to get all the air out, but it is sooo much easier than conventional nipples. Mine are manufactured by "Russels", and came from M&P. There are different thread sizes so check before you order!!

There's nothing new under the sun, 30 or 40 years ago the GPO had them on their Morris Minor vans. I remember distinctly because all the young mechanics got a kick out of discussing nipples loudly in the canteen!. :D

Monty

You won't believe this. I went to TNT in Aberdeen to collect it on Friday and opened the box and found that it was a 200cc model. You'll remember that it was a 300 I ordered so back it went. I was seriously p***ed off. :lol:

The dealer called me in the early evening and apologised and promised to get the 300 out first thing Tuesday. He thinks I'll get it on Friday sometime just in time for the TC trial.

On a side note. As expected it had spare plastics, bum bag, tools & spare decals. I wonder what happens to these then you buy a bike from a UK dealer. :D