Carb Set Up

hutchph998

O.K. I've had the 250 Pro 03 a week now found muscles I forgot I had,done my own PDI checked everything,changed the oil,am useing Motul 10/30 400cc.The question is any advice on correct carb set up,I'm running as delivered it seems to run clean but can be difficult to start when hot.Also cured the bad design kickstart fault when the kick jams into the footrest,with a cable tie in the footrest and one on the kick[bodge it n' leg it]why does a state of the art bike get sold with this problem?

Paul

You might find it is not a carb problem, but just a knack of starting the Pro.

Alot of people have found that once you get used to the feel of the kick its

fine. Give it a few weeks.

On the pros that I have ridden, you must start them with NO throttle. If you are in the habit of rolling on the throttle as you kick it, you will have trouble. I hope this helps.

I haven't toyed with a 250 Pro, but I ran one size richer pilot in my '03 280. I also always run one size richer on the starter jet (choke circuit), as it really helps when it gets cooler out. There is definitely a bit of a knack to starting though, but this is true of must bikes.

I came off an 01 280 TXT that would start very easily - as long as you never gave it any throttle. When I got my 03 Pro it took a while to get the hang of starting it because it likes no throttle when cold, but a little throttle after it's warm. I was told I would get the hang of it, and sure enough I have a system down that works with one or two kicks when warm. I think all bikes are a little different, and it depends on the air temperature. Just keep playing with it and you will find a combination that works.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...