Ssdt *urgent*

overthehill

You spoiled the fun by taking the header back to urgent when it was cancelled...

Deffo lost some impetus there! Think we should start a new rumour...how about a guaranteed SSDT entry for everyone who donates online?!! That'd get them coming in thick and fast!!

Good on you lot who've already donated....and to those of you still thinking about it, don't worry - it can wait until payday... :D

For Gawds sake NO!

I want my money back then, imagine if I won the guaranteed entry, I hope you were kidding HL?

I'd lose my broadcasting job for a start! :D

Big John

You spoiled the fun by taking the header back to urgent when it was cancelled...

Deffo lost some impetus there! Think we should start a new rumour...how about a guaranteed SSDT entry for everyone who donates online?!! That'd get them coming in thick and fast!!

Good on you lot who've already donated....and to those of you still thinking about it, don't worry - it can wait until payday... :D

For Gawds sake NO!

I want my money back then, imagine if I won the guaranteed entry, I hope you were kidding HL?

Big John

...sh*t, creek and paddle spring to mind!

Edited by 2fargone

For Gawds sake NO!

Big John

...sh*t, creek and paddle spring to mind!

It would be for me, at my time of life!

Anyway, SACU have stumped up, more sponsors please!... :wacko:

Big John

Very disappointing the donations to this so far when you consider what these guys do for the sport year after year and what Lochaber Mountain Rescue does not only for the SSDT, but all year round. I know we've a large Yorkshire contingent hereabouts so expect to have to get the crowbars in about the wallets, but c'mon guys. Dig deep.

I'm moving this topic to General to get more coverage.

DONATE HERE

Quite right Andy - but when you consider what a tight ar**d bunch trials riders are its no suprise.

this topic has had over 1000 views yet i can only see about 10 TC members on the list - come on - wherever you ride trials there will probably be a mountain/coast/fell rescue service nearby to pull you out of trouble or even save your life. this is your chance to help out some of these unpaid volunteers who risk their lives saving others.

anyway - got to get back to training for October - i'm up to 6 pints :D and four pies. - have to do better on the pies or my team-mate will show me up. :wacko:

ps huge THANK YOU to those who have donated :D

lets see if we can make the grand

post-114-1190322700.jpg

It has just been confirmed that the Scottish ACU have agreed to donate to the charity ride by a team consisting of Mark Whitham; Grant Taylor and Leigh Bremner in this years' Scott Trial in aid of the Lochaber Mountain Rescue. The SACU were politely asked by SSDT assistant Clerk of Course, Jeff Horne if the Union would like to "sponsor" the riders in this years' annual classic. It was decided to make a donation as it was such a worthy cause and good publicity for the Scottish Six Days Trial and Scottish trials in general. It is believed that Lochaber Mountain Rescue have twice been called out during the SSDT. One noteable rescuee was Phil Alderson in 2002 trial from the Bradileg sections, after he crashed off his Sherco on the final day. SACU Trials committee chairman, John Moffat said: "The SACU received a request from Jeff Horne early this week and it was put to management for final sanction today (Wednesday). The SACU trials committee and management committees are delighted that the boys have taken up this challenge and wish them well in their efforts at this years' Richmond Club classic. The Lochaber Mountain Rescue boys do a great job and I know the hard working SSDT committee appreciate the assistance LMR have given them over the past few years, fortunately they are not called upon too often" He added: "I will actually be attending this years' Scott trial myself, so I look forward to seeing the SSDT team off at the start, I can't wait until October 20th!"

The SACU hopes that all SACU competition riders will follow suit and donate something personally to this challenge.

BIG THANK YOU to the SACU :D - their substantial contribution has taken us tantalisingly close to the

Edited by Slapshot 3
sorted quote box