Scorpa T-ride

pommietrialsnz

Hi, I've been looking at the new Scorpa T-ride and quite fancy one. Has anyone seen one in the flesh or had a go on one?

I like the idea of one to go green laning on. Can they be made road legal? If you wanted to could you do a trial on one or

would the forks make the turning circle to big? Any info would be good.

Kevin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From RYP;

The Scorpa T-Ride to debut at Endurocross! - Saturday, September 29 will mark the debut of Scorpa's newest model&The T-Ride. The Scorpa factory has sent over a late prototype of the much anticipated machine to be piloted by French enduro rider Greg Eyries at the first 2 rounds of the popular Endurocross series. In other RYP Endurocross news, Nick Mantzoras and Phil Smage will also be contesting the series this season aboard their Sherco trials machines. Any riders in the Denver area are welcome to come on out to support these riders as they represent the trials community. RYP will have a 2008 Sherco 2.9 on display and all are welcome to stop by the Scorpa or Sherco pits and meet with the riders. Round 2 of the series will take place on October 6 at the Lazy E arena in Guthrie, OK and RYP will be there as well. Check out www.endurocross.com for more details and ticketing information.

From RYP;
The Scorpa T-Ride to debut at Endurocross! - Saturday, September 29 will mark the debut of Scorpa's newest model&The T-Ride. The Scorpa factory has sent over a late prototype of the much anticipated machine to be piloted by French enduro rider Greg Eyries at the first 2 rounds of the popular Endurocross series. In other RYP Endurocross news, Nick Mantzoras and Phil Smage will also be contesting the series this season aboard their Sherco trials machines. Any riders in the Denver area are welcome to come on out to support these riders as they represent the trials community. RYP will have a 2008 Sherco 2.9 on display and all are welcome to stop by the Scorpa or Sherco pits and meet with the riders. Round 2 of the series will take place on October 6 at the Lazy E arena in Guthrie, OK and RYP will be there as well. Check out www.endurocross.com for more details and ticketing information.

Hmmm. just been looking at the prize purse for the endurocross. According to the chart it says that if you finish 1st in all events the prizes are as follows: Denver first place $2,500, Oklahoma first place $2,500, Vegas 1st prize $10,000 and series bonus $5,000 which it totals to $21,000. Is my maths wobbly or is that $20,000 not $21,000

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
whilst reading the tmx on the toilet, I was wondering would the T-ride cut the mustard as a full blown enduro bike????

I was wondering the same question. I've not seen a T-Ride in the flesh and i'm having a bit of a guess with my answer to our question . I used to own a Mont 4rt (equivalent to say the Scorpa SY-250-F) The 4rt has a similar engine to my current 250 crf enduro bike (equivalent to say the T-Ride). The power on the 4rt was good but not as powerful as my crf, and the crf has more weight. The T-rides horse power would be closer to that of the Scorpa SY-250-F by looking at the engine but has more weight than the trials bike. So......my guess is the T-Ride would perform the same as the Scorpa SY-250-F and not any quicker, even thou it may have a little bit more power than the Scorpa trials bike.

One further question, can the bike be fitted with enduro tyres say a 130 rear tyre?

Would be nice to have an answer from someone in the know.

Edited by spud

The motor may well have a different tune to the trials bike giving it more top end power.

Remember, a trials bike requires torque at low revs so as to provide grip. But a WR250 has far more power at the top of the rev range, making it a much faster machine.

I really wanted a T-ride but not at

had a look at the user manual, from the scorpa fr website,

rather than have a sight glass, or dip stick, to check the oil level, you remove a bolt from the lower right side engine case, then tilt to check oil level.

Iam worried that the bolt/thread will get worn, as you will check the oil before every ride?

what does the yamaha enduro wr250,electric start, have to check oil level?

cheers

capt five