Ama Membership Renewal

ishy

I just received my renewal notice for my AMA membership, the full membership in the past has allowed me to compete in AMA sanctioned trials, you could also sign on for as many years has you wish to pay for at one time, that expires date/year shown on card

Along with the renewal notice, is a Racing membership renewal, for AMA members who wish to race in 08,

Well I presume 08, because the form they sent says if your racing in 07 important notice, this form requires you fill out and have notorized an annual release and liability waiver.

In the past I have signed the liability waiver at the sign in of the individual event.

My question is! can I still renew as a full member and sign on at the one or two individual AMA sanctioned events I do ride, or is my only option, to renew with the racing membership ?

The reason I ask, is I'm not that bothered if I ride any national trials or not, and the only time I need the AMA membership card is to do this.

It says on the form that the benifits of having racing credentials will grow as they move forward, maybe it will for road racing, but I don't see the benifit of renewing it annually and having to get it notorized each time, that also carries a fee, over just renewing for x amount of years at one time.

A handful of AHRMA events I have ridden in required AMA membership for insurance reasons. Also your bank will notarize stuff for no charge, at least mine did. It's supposed to be more convenient because you only need to show your AMA Competition card and the waiver is automatically handled, so I think it's just as easy to just do what AMA are asking and it was painless, plus I got a neat looking new card. The way I see it AMA does more good for motorcycling than harm overall.

I just received my renewal notice for my AMA membership, the full membership in the past has allowed me to compete in AMA sanctioned trials, you could also sign on for as many years has you wish to pay for at one time, that expires date/year shown on card

Along with the renewal notice, is a Racing membership renewal, for AMA members who wish to race in 08,

Well I presume 08, because the form they sent says if your racing in 07 important notice, this form requires you fill out and have notorized an annual release and liability waiver.

In the past I have signed the liability waiver at the sign in of the individual event.

My question is! can I still renew as a full member and sign on at the one or two individual AMA sanctioned events I do ride, or is my only option, to renew with the racing membership ?

The reason I ask, is I'm not that bothered if I ride any national trials or not, and the only time I need the AMA membership card is to do this.

It says on the form that the benifits of having racing credentials will grow as they move forward, maybe it will for road racing, but I don't see the benifit of renewing it annually and having to get it notorized each time, that also carries a fee, over just renewing for x amount of years at one time.

The AMA notary deal is intended to speed up signup at events so that you are on file with a release and you really won't need to sign one at the event. Of course if it's a trial with 30 guys that's hardly a concern, but most amateur AMA events end up with a long line at signup so I can see the overall benefit to the average member. My bank will notarize something for me without charge, so it's just the minor one time hassle to go by there sometime to do it.

The AMA notary deal is intended to speed up signup at events so that you are on file with a release and you really won't need to sign one at the event. Of course if it's a trial with 30 guys that's hardly a concern, but most amateur AMA events end up with a long line at signup so I can see the overall benefit to the average member. My bank will notarize something for me without charge, so it's just the minor one time hassle to go by there sometime to do it.

Dan will you have that system at the national next year? Do we even use the card swipe system in the nationals? I dont remember it at ohio this year but that was the only one I rode.

--Biff

Group,

I rode 7 National AHRMA Trials already this year and they ran my AMA card through a reader at each event. My bet is they still run my AMA card next year - any takers? They have check my AHRMA card and insurance card at each event also.

There were maybe 90 of us at Dickson and it took 15 minutes or so to sign up. Shoot, I figure it's a good time to meet everyone and talk for awhile. But whoever said it is right, long lines are never a problem at Trials events - wish they were a little longer.

Alan

The swipe system is not ready for trials yet. Moto X , scrambles, and enduros are the priority now. A trials system is being put together . I think it will be broke in at the club level first.

The system is more than just for quicker sign in. It is a complete scoring system that will allow dirrect download to the AMA to eliminate the after event paperwork.

Ishy, you do not need to get the card this year.

Aaron

Edited by AMiller

Aaron,

Anything that would speed up getting the AHRMA results posted has to be a good thing. Right now we usually end up waiting 2 to 3 months before they are posted on the AHRMA site. Probably a good idea to get the card and have the sheet notorized anyway - just our luck they will decide we need it at some event.

Alan

Aaron,

Anything that would speed up getting the AHRMA results posted has to be a good thing. Right now we usually end up waiting 2 to 3 months before they are posted on the AHRMA site. Probably a good idea to get the card and have the sheet notorized anyway - just our luck they will decide we need it at some event.

Alan

AMA ≠ AHMRA

An AMA card (whatever flavor) will do nothing for AHRMA results being up faster.