Acu Classic Championship

tilertrialler

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like theres a chance for folk to air their veiws on the current trials championships at ACU HQ on June 21st 2008. Page 2 T&MX.

Anyone from this forum going?

Reckon its got to be the way forward imho :D

Hey Pitley don't you get going up there with a guts full of cider shouting the odds. You'll end up lamping some f****r and I won't be around to bail you out.... :D...... ;)

Edited by bo drinker

• 1 month later...

Having just bought a Fantic 240 does anyone have the dates of the remaining venues. (What would be nice is if with a topic like this the calendar dates and venues are linked to this topic at the top of the page, i'm not moaning).

Does anyone know who is leading the Twinshock championship and have the link to the championship? Also, what riders are at the top and championship points table would be nice. On Sunday my Fantic will be rode in the Forest Trophy Trial, if anyone has experience of this event could you cast judgement as too the course for the Twinshock class compared to the Twinshock championship class?

Champs positions

Calendar (scroll to bottom of page for individual championship dates)

Yellow route at the Forest trial is ideal for twinshocks. If you want a comparison with the ACU championship sections, the latter are generally harder, more technical with more to go at. That's not to say they are too hard but you have to be competent to go around those events without losing too many marks, the sections are all rideable but there is a fine line between a clean/single dab ride and a three, reflecting the fact that it is a national championship. The yellow route at the Forest trial has to cater for modern 0/40, Novices etc. as well as twinshock/pre65 so there is a wider range of abilities to consider, therefore the sections are easier than the ACU champs. However, they are still good sections and will give you plenty to think about in terms of picking lines and keeping your feet up.

Cracking trial, you'll enjoy it.

Next ACU trial is Torridge MCC - do it if you can, an excellent event.

Champs positions

Calendar (scroll to bottom of page for individual championship dates)

Yellow route at the Forest trial is ideal for twinshocks. If you want a comparison with the ACU championship sections, the latter are generally harder, more technical with more to go at. That's not to say they are too hard but you have to be competent to go around those events without losing too many marks, the sections are all rideable but there is a fine line between a clean/single dab ride and a three, reflecting the fact that it is a national championship. The yellow route at the Forest trial has to cater for modern 0/40, Novices etc. as well as twinshock/pre65 so there is a wider range of abilities to consider, therefore the sections are easier than the ACU champs. However, they are still good sections and will give you plenty to think about in terms of picking lines and keeping your feet up.

Cracking trial, you'll enjoy it.

Next ACU trial is Torridge MCC - do it if you can, an excellent event.

Thanks. The Champs Points i see there are quite a lot of classes A-F. Would you happen to know which class i'd ride? (I did see a couple of names on the B class i recognise).

• 5 weeks later...