Acu Classic Championship

tilertrialler

???????? there are 145 entries so there is a fair amount of travelling taking place

To be fair 145 enties at a decent trial should be the norm in these modern time's,it's not a hard job to get them number's together if a load of rider's from the county next door decide there club's arn't coming up with the good's.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest majestyman340
We have just been setting out the Bootle Classic trial and like the Angela Redford trial we are using only one route with white flags on right blue on left simple.

All sections are of traditional nature as they were 20 odd yeras ago on Fell Green such as Avalanche Alley to name one.

The sections have no tight turns in them so no cheat trick riding needed also we are twinshock riders who plot the course.

We have got and always get a good entry of Pre 65 and twinshock riders so i think our trial and the Lancs County trial must be doing something right.

Hope you all enjoy a good weekends trialing.

I can remember riding the Fell Green classic round in 1996, a very good entry also.............only difference being it was 100% twinshock and P65 bikes!

"Avalanche alley"

Bad news first: I have never got to the top of there.....ever, despite having ridden it dozens of times!

Good news: This is the the year............all i need is to get up once with a three, and i'll be happy. See you all there.

Guest majestyman340
"Avalanche alley"

Bad news first: I have never got to the top of there.....ever, despite having ridden it dozens of times!

Good news: This is the the year............all i need is to get up once with a three, and i'll be happy. See you all there.

Have you tried it on a modern bike? I think it might be a whole lot easier on something with modern rear suspension, and its been cleaned on stock 125 Scorpas before now.

"Avalanche alley"

Are we talking all the way up?

Guest majestyman340
To be honest, i don't think it's actually that difficult, it's just that i seem to hit it wrong each time! :)

Honda power will ensure at least a three this year though :)

Are the top guys riding the "traditional" events twinshock class still mostly on Honda's and Majesty Yams?

I am riding a Honda but i aint no top guy. T-Shock 250 getting to the top of avalanche no way . Far too much cotton wool wrapped around your Honda. Nice to see you are riding though your dad said he would observe for me if you rode!!!!. See you sunday if i survive saturday, heh cous...

NOW - the bit I am strugling with - but will certainly put your views to T & E on Wednesday - is why does this easier option have to be a CHAMPIONSHIP?

For me - if I wish to contest a Championship - I would ride this route.

This regularly amuses me too. How about this for the name of the award:

Best rider unable to compete on hard route but still looking for an award

or maybe

Best rider on the **** easy route

or maybe

Average Champion

:rolleyes:

Why should the top rider on the easy route qualify for an award, when his peers the same age or even older, riding the same bike or 'even less competitive' compete on a harder course and come back in 25th and 26th place.

It's like the schools these days where everybody has to have an award of some kind, in case they feel left out.

Flak jacket firmly done up, but it's what I do believe (excuse the sarcasm mixed in there)

Edited by bikespace

Can anyone tell me why does this series has to be mixed with the sidecar champs? I know its only 3 rounds this year with sidecars but surely the Trad champs can support it self over 10 rounds?

Judging by the posts in Previews and Reviews on the last two rounds in Lancs and Cumbria, they had it spot on with single route and no chairs.

I am sure there would be a few clubs out there willing to run a round of the Traditional champs on a single route basis, i know ours would.

The Novogar works on single route so why cant the Traditonal?

If the terrain is good and the sections marked out sensible then theres no reason for the riders to complain.

Just a thought..

Edited by pitley

A QUESTION FOR THE PORT TALBOT PONTIFICATOR , ME THINKS !

***EDIT***

Moderators have been sent a request to delete this post - in my view, the damage has already been done as JC has seen and replied to the jibe and others have 'quoted' it in their posts.

Might as well let it stand now, I'm sure that a TC poll would support John's efforts on here...

Edited by Kinell

Guest majestyman340

Seems to me that in general the series is a complete shambles and doesnt properly cater for any one of the numerous classes that have been introduced over the years, seemingly to boost flagging entries!