Acu Classic Championship

tilertrialler

Quote; "If there were 14 rounds and the best 10 counted towards the series riders would not just do the local rounds, but travel that bit more to make a championship of it."

Sorry, but 14 rounds are far to many, and there are no local rounds to Brighton.

There can also only be 1 championship route, an easier route should be for anyone who wishes to ride for enjoyment etc as John suggests.

I think so too.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote; "If there were 14 rounds and the best 10 counted towards the series riders would not just do the local rounds, but travel that bit more to make a championship of it."

Sorry, but 14 rounds are far to many, and there are no local rounds to Brighton.

There can also only be 1 championship route, an easier route should be for anyone who wishes to ride for enjoyment etc as John suggests.

I think so too.

For various reasons I have only ridden one round this year and would be happy to drop down if I felt the championship sections were a bit too much.

What is suggested above has got to be worth a go next year and then see what the reaction is.

Surely a questionnaire of those riding in the last round at the peak could be handed out and posted back for information from those that have actually competed?

Yes, that's fine for the fun riders but anyone serious about winning the championship still needs to do all or most of the rounds so that they can drop their worst scores.

The more rounds from a series that you can drop, the more complicated the final totals will be to work out until the end.

Dropping four from 14 ruins the series as a championship, you might as well have two different championships with seven rounds and make one for the North and one for the South so that people don't have to travel so far.

some really good comments and surgestions here,

I think the 50/50 is a great idea.

how about let the top boys ride the harder route and contest there championship in each class

and have one B route championship, no matter what bike or class you ride , the lowest score on the day on the B route gets the 20 points and points for the rest as normal.

I think you need to let people contest a championship ,just riding for the fun is okay on the better trials but the ones you have done and not really enjoyed and have travelled 3 or so hours to get there ,if you have no chance of scoring points are you really going to bother?

To John Collins. Re the Wye Valley twinshock event. I believe it was cancelled due to fears over the Foot and Mouth thing. Also the entries were slow coming in but they apparently flooded in at the last minute. I was going to observe on the day. Malcra will vouch for the reason for cancelling.

I think it will run again asap, Pitley and crew put a lot of work in to it so it will be a pity to waste it. :D

The Wye Valley trial was canceled because of F&M; numbers were slow coming in but had the event run, we would have 40+ entries. This level of entries was at a level with the Classic Experts a few years back, so given the quality of the sections etc, they would have picked up in subsequent years. The trial was aimed at a dual route approach, very similar to the Classic Experts.

The club will run the trial next year, but we're looking at the options for running as either a standalone trial, or as part of the Sammy Miller or Classic championship. If we do look to run it standalone, as there are already plenty of Classic rounds, it will be probably be the former.

A dual route Classic series ? then I'm sure that I'll ride, as will others from the WVAC club as well as the Tredegar contigent

• 4 months later...

Its possibly time to revisit this topic, the first 2 rounds have now been held so how are the trials working with the easier sections?

From a personal point of view the point of the series has been destroyed, not to many people seem happy about the different routes. Has it increased the entry, so far no.

Hopefully the next rounds will not have split sections and back to traditional style sections again.

We have made a start marking out the Next round at lancs County

I can confirm there will only be one route

But there will be nothing in that you cannot sit down and have a three!

Or pull the clutch in and ride out of the side safely!

That is not to say that there wont be some tough sections!

After all we are trying to find some British champions!

We have made a start marking out the Next round at lancs County

I can confirm there will only be one route

But there will be nothing in that you cannot sit down and have a three!

Or pull the clutch in and ride out of the side safely!

That is not to say that there wont be some tough sections!

After all we are trying to find some British champions!

This is what the riders need a bit of a challenge. Apparently the first twenty sections in cornwall resulted in 90% of riders loosing less than ten? Glad I didn't drive the 4 hours for that.

I wasn't there can others who were comment accurately?

Guest majestyman340
This is what the riders need a bit of a challenge. Apparently the first twenty sections in cornwall resulted in 90% of riders loosing less than ten? Glad I didn't drive the 4 hours for that.

I wasn't there can others who were comment accurately?

Spoke to one of the top championship contenders yesterday (non modern bike), who thought it was pretty tough. But as the majority of riders are on modern bikes, for them it was probably a great deal easier.

Average marks lost was 3.2 for the first 10 riders over 18 sections. Was chatting with another rider on the way back from the last group and it was a shame on the severity just like the first round. Hopefully the next 2 rounds will make up for the loss we have just had. Two years ago Bootle was won on around 23 and it was still a good day out for all. Also what about the quantity of all the coloured markers ?

Spoke to one of the top championship contenders yesterday (non modern bike), who thought it was pretty tough. But as the majority of riders are on modern bikes, for them it was probably a great deal easier.

I don.t know who you spoke to but, as the first 5 in pre 65 (out of 8 starters) were in single figures I do not see how it was tough.

As one section took a 3 or 5 from most of the entry and another required a back wheel hop to get around a turn (wish I could do this!) meant there wasnt much in the other sections.

Edited by jordi

the forecasted rain did not arrive or the scores would have

rocketed, four routes per section, red, blue, white, yellow, green

and orange markers , solo's and sidecar, ambitious to say the

least then again the sections at bootle stay the same rain or

shine and of course no need for sidecar sections !