Acu Classic Championship

tilertrialler

the forecasted rain did not arrive or the scores would have

rocketed, four routes per section, red, blue, white, yellow, green

and orange markers , solo's and sidecar, ambitious to say the

least then again the sections at bootle stay the same rain or

shine and of course no need for sidecar sections !

Sidecar sections = route of all evil.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might help if we had some consistency in what colour markers

we have to follow , so far the last 3 classic/traditional trials the

twinshock/mono's have followed red, blue & white, red, blue only

then white & orange , pre75 have had white, green & yellow deviations !

It would be better for one set of section marking for every round

e.g. red & blue main route with white deviations !

Imho it's too much to ask of any club to run , what is in effect a

championship trial for 8 classes , 5 solo & 3 sidecar, and get it right

for all 8 classes, rather them than me !

I think one set of marker colour for every round a good idea, another surgestion is for a definate difference to the numbers for what route you are riding , on the colin dommett we all had white numbers, if you were over 50,or over 60 and riding the white route on a modern bike the observers had no way of knowing what route ,and as all the classes were mixed up it was confusing, and as for the section markers it was a bit of make up your own route.

This has happened before, regarding same colour numbers on different courses.

The Kendal classic nostalgia trial for one has been plagued by this for the last couple of years, for example riders on the hard route were fiving the hill climb (very steep) and then riding up the easier route to get their cards punched by the observer at the top, who would give them a clean as he had just seen them clean the easy route.

There was no way of telling which rider was supposed to be on which course.

Guest majestyman340
It might help if we had some consistency in what colour markers

we have to follow , so far the last 3 classic/traditional trials the

twinshock/mono's have followed red, blue & white, red, blue only

then white & orange , pre75 have had white, green & yellow deviations !

It would be better for one set of section marking for every round

e.g. red & blue main route with white deviations !

Imho it's too much to ask of any club to run , what is in effect a

championship trial for 8 classes , 5 solo & 3 sidecar, and get it right

for all 8 classes, rather them than me !

Excellent letter from a triel organiser in this weeks TMX covering this very subject. Very refreshing to see some constructive suggestions in TMX for a change, rather than the usual whining from MX riders.

I've just posted out the programmes for next week's Angela Redford Trial and though we put a limit on the entry of 125, we have exceeded that and there are 145 names on the programme. It has been said that clubs should stick to the cut off number, but when the event is obviously popular, it's a recognition of the club, the trial, the section plotters and the organisation, so we've taken riders until the final closing date. As Diggler has already said, all 20 sections will have one route only, blue marker on the left, red on the right, simple as that. All sections will be rideable by all classes - in fact it's a traditional trial, just like the title of the series.

Guest majestyman340
I've just posted out the programmes for next week's Angela Redford Trial and though we put a limit on the entry of 125, we have exceeded that and there are 145 names on the programme. It has been said that clubs should stick to the cut off number, but when the event is obviously popular, it's a recognition of the club, the trial, the section plotters and the organisation, so we've taken riders until the final closing date. As Diggler has already said, all 20 sections will have one route only, blue marker on the left, red on the right, simple as that. All sections will be rideable by all classes - in fact it's a traditional trial, just like the title of the series.

If thats the case, then sections are either going to be far too easy for the top twinshock riders, or alternatively sensible for the majority, which may mean top guys are in with a chance of cleaning the whole trial.

Seems a real shame that rather than allowing modern bikes to boost entrys way back when, that dual route events were not instigated, which could have incorporated a harder championship route for the top guys, and another easier route for the many other twinshock riders, who now have little interest in the current modern type "traditional" events, and no longer take part.

If thats the case, then sections are either going to be far too easy for the top twinshock riders, or alternatively sensible for the majority, which may mean top guys are in with a chance of cleaning the whole trial.

Seems a real shame that rather than allowing modern bikes to boost entrys way back when, that dual route events were not instigated, which could have incorporated a harder championship route for the top guys, and another easier route for the many other twinshock riders, who now have little interest in the current modern type "traditional" events, and no longer take part.

I would suggest that 145 entries for the Angela Reford means you could be wrong about the syle of trial most want. Lets hear your feedback after, if you are riding.

Guest majestyman340
I would suggest that 145 entries for the Angela Reford means you could be wrong about the syle of trial most want. Lets hear your feedback after, if you are riding.

I would say the "traditional" series is probably ideal for reasonable standard older riders on modern bikes, but certainly too difficult for riders of "traditional" older bikes, who dont want to opt for over 60s route if included. This is probably the main reason about 75% of the entry are on modern bikes, and why very few of the riders who took part when the series was sponsored by Falcon now take part on older bikes.

We have just been setting out the Bootle Classic trial and like the Angela Redford trial we are using only one route with white flags on right blue on left simple.

All sections are of traditional nature as they were 20 odd yeras ago on Fell Green such as Avalanche Alley to name one.

The sections have no tight turns in them so no cheat trick riding needed also we are twinshock riders who plot the course.

We have got and always get a good entry of Pre 65 and twinshock riders so i think our trial and the Lancs County trial must be doing something right.

Hope you all enjoy a good weekends trialing.

I would say the "traditional" series is probably ideal for reasonable standard older riders on modern bikes, but certainly too difficult for riders of "traditional" older bikes, who dont want to opt for over 60s route if included. This is probably the main reason about 75% of the entry are on modern bikes, and why very few of the riders who took part when the series was sponsored by Falcon now take part on older bikes.

Ride it first - comment afterwards - there are too many people waffling on about how hard or easy certain trials and/or series are who have never actually competed in the events....

These 2 events are two of the best events I will get to ride all year and I wish I could get to ride in more like them

I would say that the reason there aren't many twinshocks competing generally is because of the lack of interest in riding them. People seem to want to own them but not use them - that's their choice. If you kicked out the air-cooled and modern classes from this series the riders wouldn't automatically jump on their twinshocks and ride them instead - most don't own one and if they did the chances are they would still leave it in the shed and just go and ride their modern bike elsewhere instead.

All sections are of traditional nature as they were 20 odd yeras ago on Fell Green such as Avalanche Alley to name one.

Hope you all enjoy a good weekends trialing.

I wish you'd said 40 years ago - everything I have is buggered at the moment except for my 40 year old Bulto so, somewhat horrifyingly, I will probably be riding, or being mauled by that. Could change class to O/40 and ride my TYZ but I'm a glutton for punishment....

I would say that the reason there aren't many twinshocks competing generally is because of the lack of interest in riding them.

More like people don't want to travel anymore.

Edited by bilc0