Acu Classic Championship

tilertrialler

Well, unlike Majestyman, i've ridden an event today.Good entry,had a great time. Phoned my mates who were at another pre65 event,same again,good entry,great trial.

It would seem to me that Majestyman is either too old or incapable of riding himself and is intent on trying to ruin the sport for those that do enjoy it.

Constantly posting drivel in other threads, just to keep using the words British Specials instead of pre 65 is causing confusion to those who dont realise its his own,personal,stupid little joke.

If things are that bad,get your Majesty on e bay,if youve got one and call it a day.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twinshocks in the Novogar... ;)

Right, seeing as how you keep talking out of your a*** this is how it is.

Novogar

Successful series - no need to change anything. It's one step down from British championship and gives the good riders on modern bikes a good test and a championship to contest. It's now just too much of a stretch for me these days and that is on a modern bike - if you think I want to ride a twinshock, no matter how good it is, in a Novogar, you are insane and you've obviously never been to one. Riders better than me dropping 50 - 60 marks on GasGas, Sherco etc. - I think both me and my twinshock would go home very bent and broken.

Traditional Series

No longer a classic series. As the name suggests it is a series based upon how trials used to be, one big lap or two laps of 20, with or without roadwork, for people who enjoy that type of trial. Works very well and is being well supported. Maybe not every round to my liking but that's just personal preference. Personally, I could do without the some of the sidecar rounds, but one or two are still very good events. Clubs have the option to put easier route over a certain percentage of sections for riders who don't fancy the championship route. The officials of the clubs themselves know whether they need to do this with their trial or not.

There's nothing broken here so what are you trying to fix.

Sammy Miller series

Not a modern trials bike in sight. Specifically for twinshocks and Pre65, the easier route is fine for Pre65 bikes in more original spec including rigids. No 'modern bike' sections here, so this is the answer to your problem. No need to discuss the Traditional series any further. However, still doesn't get the support it deserves from twinshock or Pre65 bikes - why? You can't use you're familiar phrase - 'because it is a shambles and only caters for modern bikes' for this series. So why do you think this series isn't well supported? I'd be interested to know.

Personally I would love to get back to the old Sebac/Falcon series of the 90s with 2 routes and classes for twinshocks, Pre65 unit and pre-unit. Maybe one day it will come round again. But there has to be a starting point. The Miller series offers a good starting point and from there, if riders on twinshocks and more modernised Pre65 want a further challenge, they can move up to the Traditional series. And then, if the numbers of twinshocks and Pre65 start to grow in this series, maybe, it could spawn a new series just for them - and the Miller series could revert to what it was originally introduced for - standard British Pre65 bikes.

But for that to happen the entries of Pre65 and twinshocks needs to grow in one or the other of the current two series. There is not much sign of that. People own them but aren't getting out and riding them. If there were numerous riders clammering at the ACU doors baying for a championship to ride their old bikes in, then you may have a case for your ongoing argument. There aren't. So until that happens things will continue as they are.

I'm just glad that there are trials, by virtue of the Miller and Traditional series, and many local modern events with a middle route, that allow me to enjoy doing what I enjoy most - riding old bikes in trials that are suited to them.

Try it sometime.

Edited by Woody

Talking to a bloke from Germany at the Dartmoor 2 day last Sept he said that over there they only have around 20 clubs each owning a single trials venue no other land is used and they cant ride in streams.

You must be talking about Lee,he come's on the forum's here.I was wondering why he went swimming in all the water section's at Exmoor,he must be missing the wet stuff over there. ;)

Edited by bilc0

Guest majestyman340
Twinshocks in the Novogar... ;)

Right, seeing as how you keep talking out of your a*** this is how it is.

Novogar

Successful series - no need to change anything. It's one step down from British championship and gives the good riders on modern bikes a good test and a championship to contest. It's now just too much of a stretch for me these days and that is on a modern bike - if you think I want to ride a twinshock, no matter how good it is, in a Novogar, you are insane and you've obviously never been to one. Riders better than me dropping 50 - 60 marks on GasGas, Sherco etc. - I think both me and my twinshock would go home very bent and broken.

Traditional Series

No longer a classic series. As the name suggests it is a series based upon how trials used to be, one big lap or two laps of 20, with or without roadwork, for people who enjoy that type of trial. Works very well and is being well supported. Maybe not every round to my liking but that's just personal preference. Personally, I could do without the some of the sidecar rounds, but one or two are still very good events. Clubs have the option to put easier route over a certain percentage of sections for riders who don't fancy the championship route. The officials of the clubs themselves know whether they need to do this with their trial or not.

There's nothing broken here so what are you trying to fix.

Sammy Miller series

Not a modern trials bike in sight. Specifically for twinshocks and Pre65, the easier route is fine for Pre65 bikes in more original spec including rigids. No 'modern bike' sections here, so this is the answer to your problem. No need to discuss the Traditional series any further. However, still doesn't get the support it deserves from twinshock or Pre65 bikes - why? You can't use you're familiar phrase - 'because it is a shambles and only caters for modern bikes' for this series. So why do you think this series isn't well supported? I'd be interested to know.

Personally I would love to get back to the old Sebac/Falcon series of the 90s with 2 routes and classes for twinshocks, Pre65 unit and pre-unit. Maybe one day it will come round again. But there has to be a starting point. The Miller series offers a good starting point and from there, if riders on twinshocks and more modernised Pre65 want a further challenge, they can move up to the Traditional series. And then, if the numbers of twinshocks and Pre65 start to grow in this series, maybe, it could spawn a new series just for them - and the Miller series could revert to what it was originally introduced for - standard British Pre65 bikes.

But for that to happen the entries of Pre65 and twinshocks needs to grow in one or the other of the current two series. There is not much sign of that. People own them but aren't getting out and riding them. If there were numerous riders clammering at the ACU doors baying for a championship to ride their old bikes in, then you may have a case for your ongoing argument. There aren't. So until that happens things will continue as they are.

I'm just glad that there are trials, by virtue of the Miller and Traditional series, and many local modern events with a middle route, that allow me to enjoy doing what I enjoy most - riding old bikes in trials that are suited to them.

Try it sometime.

Getting back to something like the Falcon series is just what I have in mind.......... at the present time the top level events seem much too easy for top twinshock and brit special riders, but if events along similiar lines to the original Falcon series were revived, then it wouldnt be that difficult to have 4 or 5 sections with alternative routes to be included for top guys, and for the 2 other routes to cater for everyone else.

Majestyman, as a polite request can you please stop this - its not constructive,you have made your views very clear.This is now spoiling an excellent forum which is not helping anyone.May I suggest that if you still want to carry this on that you organise via PM a pub meet and have a proper debate over a few pints.There is no solution to satisfy everyone's feelings about trials,but we are lucky to have the choices we do,I for one just want to ride and enjoy as many trials as possible while we still can.

Majestyman, as a polite request can you please stop this - its not constructive,you have made your views very clear.This is now spoiling an excellent forum which is not helping anyone.May I suggest that if you still want to carry this on that you organise via PM a pub meet and have a proper debate over a few pints.There is no solution to satisfy everyone's feelings about trials,but we are lucky to have the choices we do,I for one just want to ride and enjoy as many trials as possible while we still can.

Nice one Jon, i think you have spoke for the majority here ;)

Try it sometime.

Indeed, trying it sometime seems to be the point. As I can personally prove there is a lot of pleasure in riding the Miller trials without any hope of winning. Like Woody (who's been riding for a lot longer than me) its what riding trials is all about. It's taken me a couple of years to work it out and these are the trials in my calendar that don't get dropped.

So; the main challenges for people riding road trials on twinshocks ?

+ fear of the severity / competition ? Not a problem; easier than a lot of club trials. Don't worry I am always capable of coming last

+ road registered bikes; I would think < 10% of twinshocks are road registered. The process to road register you favourite twinshock is easy see article here and costs around

as usual woody is speaking from a position based on experience and knowledge,he puts forward his opinion but does not try to force

it down peoples necks !!

back to the question in hand,from my point of view the less than spectacular entries at miller rounds is due to cost and distance,last year i did the first 4 rounds,i then decided that i could`nt face the long drive,followed by a long trial ,followed by a long drive home,then an hour of bike washing. maybe i am just idle !!

as usual woody is speaking from a position based on experience and knowledge,he puts forward his opinion but does not try to force

it down peoples necks !!

back to the question in hand,from my point of view the less than spectacular entries at miller rounds is due to cost and distance,last year i did the first 4 rounds,i then decided that i could`nt face the long drive,followed by a long trial ,followed by a long drive home,then an hour of bike washing. maybe i am just idle !!

For me, not riding the excellent Sammy Miller series so often is just down to cost. Everything considered, transport etc i reckon each event costs around

Woody. Spot on, well done no excuses now. Sort the event out Majman and I will be the first observer to offer my services. I have helped organise some trials, set out and cleared out etc etc. So to learn a bit more I will do the decent thing at the trial that you set up and sort out and observe. PM me with the date and venue. See you there. maybe. :D

Scorpa3 there is a lot of work involved in these events and many don't understand and ride week in week out . ;)

PPS. Majman will need to join a club first. ;)

Edited by bo drinker