North East Theft Spree

franticfantic

I received a phone call of a mate of mine on Thursday morning someone tried to have his bike away on Wednesday 17th. He lives in Igleby Barwick (thornaby) they smashed his van window and pushed his van forward to tackle his garage door once they managed to get through the lock on the door the house alarm went off so they left. Both were on the same system luckily. When he rang the police and they eventually turned up they commented on the this was the forth one tonight... and they think its a group from hemlington.. So just a word of warning to the local riders of Middlesbrough / Stockton area.

the little darlings will only get a slap on the wrist and maybe a free holiday!!!!!! when what they really need is there bloody hands chopping off!!!!!!if not all there hands at least two or three fingers and with no pain relief so they can suffer like the rest of us, god they make my blood boil this namby bamby pc world we live god i despair

That's my neck of the woods, worrying times indeed. Does your mate ride at Charlton's or did he ride at the Middlesbrough Trial at Lazenby last weekend? My biggest fear is that some scumbag follows you home from these places and then comes back for your bike later on. It happened to my mate about five years ago, he did a trial and on the night his bike went. Pure coincidence maybe but he always felt he had been followed home after the trial.

through the lock on the door the house alarm went off so they left. Both were on the same system luckily.

thats how i have my bikes protected , plus ground anchors, and a seperate siren in the garage.

huge case of paranoia. i will sometimes drive around until im sure im not being followed.

previous bad luck, me and a mate lost bikes on the same night after being followed. :ph34r:

Four robbery attempts in one night in one area of town, makes you wonder where the police are? It wouldn't be rocket science to mount police cars on the only 3 routes into Ingelby Barwick, looking out for vans driving around at night occuppied by burglars.

I know a few people who have bikes nicked in Cleveland, both times they themselves found out who had them, both times they phoned the police and both times they were told,

'what do you want us to do?'

On a more positive note, the police managed to catch me doing 35 miles an hour in a 30 zone, so they aren't all bad...........

On a more positive note, the police managed to catch me doing 35 miles an hour in a 30 zone, so they aren't all bad...........

:ph34r: You have to laugh or else you'll cry :lol:

Also thanks FranticFantic for the alert.

For everyones information if you know anything, email or contact below:

http://www.cleveland.police.uk/news_resour...tm#a071019_1150

Catch the criminals!!!!!

Thanks for the heads-up. My missus said it was also in the local M'bro press that a gang were following people home and also spotted watching folks outside washing off their bikes after riding, then turning up later and having a go at thieving them - b******s! I am going to install a garage alarm system ASAP. I tried insurance, but quotes are too much for me with two bikes.. :D