Separate East/west National Series

ptradam

So, as a working man, there is no way I'd ever be able to make it to all of the nationals in one year. Being from PA, the west coast rounds are totally out of the question vacation time wise. Does anyone think that rider participation would go up if there were separate East and West coast series? Maybe with an east vs. west shoot out at the end like in Supercross or something? I'm just throwing it out there for the sake of conversation. Lets hear some other opinions!

So, as a working man, there is no way I'd ever be able to make it to all of the nationals in one year. Being from PA, the west coast rounds are totally out of the question vacation time wise. Does anyone think that rider participation would go up if there were separate East and West coast series? Maybe with an east vs. west shoot out at the end like in Supercross or something? I'm just throwing it out there for the sake of conversation. Lets hear some other opinions!

Read the NATC news, and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Dallas TX

I guess the answer will be soon comming but will these two events be on back to back weekends? Much like Adam I also have to dedicate some travel time to getting to these things. My girlfriend wants a real vacation next year but I really want to ride the nationals. hmmmm I really enjoyed the national at the world round but i know that there was tons of complexity associated with that.

The east coast had an event spaning florida tenn and kentucky last year. I may be going that way.

For those in england/europe Colorado is a 24 hour drive time for me here in michigan.

--Biff

The '08 format is definately interesting. Our club has put on Nationals in the past, and we have talked about doing another one. A two day trials with National caliber sections is tough enough, but trying to find enough interesting terrain to do a 3 day without getting repetetive will definately be a challenge for any club! :D

The '08 format is definately interesting. Our club has put on Nationals in the past, and we have talked about doing another one. A two day trials with National caliber sections is tough enough, but trying to find enough interesting terrain to do a 3 day without getting repetetive will definately be a challenge for any club! :D

That is the beauty of marking sections with all white tape. Run the sections one direction one day, and then the other direction, the next. Running sections backwards can be REAL interesting, sometimes.

That is the beauty of marking sections with all white tape. Run the sections one direction one day, and then the other direction, the next. Running sections backwards can be REAL interesting, sometimes.

Thats definately the easy way to make 12 sections into 24 sections real fast!

Edited by ptradam

Yes that is a EASY way to do things but for me, someone who will be at these nationals, I feel it might be a little boreing to be riding the same spots twice, backwards forwards, whatever I think most riders want more then that, got to go with a different spot if at alllll possible

Simply running sections "backwards" definitely "cheapens" an event unless much forethought is given to changing the same basic area.

On the main topic, running east, central and, west series, with a DECIDER somewhere in the middle does make sense!

Lots of possibilities there! :D

n the main topic, running east, central and, west series, with a DECIDER somewhere in the middle does make sense!

great idea 3 trips instead of 5 that was made last year only 1 less event 9 versus 10 last year and the exact same amount of trips as this year to qualify 2 yet 3 more events to ride if wanted.

that is I suppose the best 6 of 9 right????

Yes that is a EASY way to do things but for me, someone who will be at these nationals, I feel it might be a little boreing to be riding the same spots twice, backwards forwards, whatever I think most riders want more then that, got to go with a different spot if at alllll possible

That's what I'm saying tryalscody! I set up an event every other year for our club on my family's land. I make it a point not to repeat sections from year to year. I might reapeat one after 3 events(that would be 6 years). Most riders change classes by then anyway. I kind of pride myself on finding "virgin" sections for the riders every time I set up an event. I get compliments every time I put one on! I was just saying that putting on a 3 day event that has national lever sections will be really tough. I also believe that if we would change the National format to an East/West coast format you might see some very good riders come out of the wood work! Riders that otherwise couldn't afford to take time off to compete at events for from home.