Deristricted 4rt

batunball

Has any body with a monty 4rt had it totally deristricted and if so did it make a big difference

Only that it makes it obnoxiously loud. No "big difference", or any difference, for that matter, except to the ego of those that like to hear themselves braaap the throttle.

Thats one of the reasons i didnt want a 4rt, i don't want a trials bike that sounds like a crosser!!

And i dont want to pay 5 grand on a mont and then have to spend more on it to make competitive.

So what does a scorpa 4t sound like then?

Not like a motocrosser! Curious to hear the new ones, with the single outlet exhaust. Hopefully, it doesn't make it louder. The dual outlet exhuast did a good job of minimizing that 4-stroke bark, that many find offensive. At a trial, we used to laugh at how much the Scorpa souded like an old Honda trail bike, coming through the woods, while the Montesa didn't sound like a Honda at all. I still have my 1970 Honda SL-100, and was always amazed at how similar my Scorpa SY250F sounded. Same mechanical cam-chain sound, and all. I have a Beta REV-4T on the way now, so I am anxious to see what it is like. All the input I have received reports it to be the most quiet, of them all, so far.

Thats one of the reasons i didnt want a 4rt, i don't want a trials bike that sounds like a crosser!!

And i dont want to pay 5 grand on a mont and then have to spend more on it to make competitive.

The 4rt that i tried did not sound like a crosser and the performance was awesome. I borrowed a 4rt for a few hours it made easy work off every thing i tried from big steps to hill climbs. So to spend money to make it competitive is not an issue The last time i tried a scorpa it was like a tractor on two wheels so i hope the 4t is a lot better

Not like a motocrosser! Curious to hear the new ones, with the single outlet exhaust. Hopefully, it doesn't make it louder. The dual outlet exhuast did a good job of minimizing that 4-stroke bark, that many find offensive. At a trial, we used to laugh at how much the Scorpa souded like an old Honda trail bike, coming through the woods, while the Montesa didn't sound like a Honda at all. I still have my 1970 Honda SL-100, and was always amazed at how similar my Scorpa SY250F sounded. Same mechanical cam-chain sound, and all. I have a Beta REV-4T on the way now, so I am anxious to see what it is like. All the input I have received reports it to be the most quiet, of them all, so far.

You haven't heard Freixas' then!

No whats it sound like

No whats it sound like

A yzf unsurprisingly.

so what doea a scorpa 4t sound like then?

The beta and scorpa are the quietest 4 strokes, what i was getting at is when you start de-resticting any 4strokes most of them end up sounding pretty loud!!! ever heard a quiet CRF???

And how can you compare a standard bike to a factory bike??? they are fully tuned for awesome grunt thats needed for the sections they ride so they deserve to have a bark!!!

And what i mean't by spending on the 4rt, was from what i've been told the sump gaurd is made of butter and the footpegs and hangers are not much good!!!!!!!

And thats what i've been told be people who own 4rt's :D

I don't fancy spending 5 grand on a bike and then have to spend another few hundred on it!!!!

I know that the scorpas got a developed wr engine , well isnt the 4rt motor based on a crf lump!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by hop blip and a jump

The all but forgotten Sherco 4T is also very quiet. Although I am told that perhaps the new 08 has a bit more of a bark to it! My 05 is dead quiet and has way more power out of the box than both the Mont or the Scorpa. I agree with the fact it does not make sense to me anyway, to spend a good buck on a 4t and then have to spend another good sum to make it an experts bike. Hop blip and jump, if you send me a PM with your email address, I can send you a video a mate took of me on my 4T a few weeks ago riding some rocks and you will see how quiet it is.

steve