Gas Gas Pro Power Switch

piggywiggywoo

As Far as i understand the change in the mapping only kicks out when the bike hits hi revs, something stupid like 8thou. I was advised by kev hipwell to jus wire it on and take the switch off. can say that iv been riding with the switch wired on and there is no shapness in the power at low or half revs, hope this helps

all the switch does is give you an extra 2000rpm so instead of when its on "raining" setting it kicks out 8000 rpm it gives you 10000 on the "sunny" one, ive took mine off and just connected the two leads that are at the other end together which ive been told is basically like having it on the sunny setting all the time.

On the sunshine setting the timing is advanced and gives a much more aggressive power at the expence of a rougher idle speed and a tendancy to easily stall or bog the motor of the bottom.

The cloudy setting gives a more even idle with a much smoother and predictable engine responce from right of the bottom.

On the sunshine setting the timing is advanced and gives a much more aggressive power at the expence of a rougher idle speed and a tendancy to easily stall or bog the motor of the bottom.

The cloudy setting gives a more even idle with a much smoother and predictable engine responce from right of the bottom.

Never did on mine no difference till 8000 i'm sure of it.

How fast is your tickover?

THE handlebar dual map switch is disconnected on my 2006 Pro is there a simple way to find out which mode is selected and does it really make a difference?

As piggywiggy is refering to my old bike when I played with the switch when this bike was new it made no difference I could tell, but then I don't hold it at 8000 rpm that much.

Never did on mine no difference till 8000 i'm sure of it.

How fast is your tickover?

If you need to rev your bike to 8000 to feel a difference between the switchs function I would suggest you do not spend enough time on your bike.

I idle my bike at a quick tick over. Have found to really smooth out the engine tick over, I file off half a ml from the slide cutaway. this in conjunction with dropping the needle one notch ( this will depend on altitude Ive found) as well as the addition of a set of boysen gives a silkie smooth engine that is almost impossible to stall. The only time I would ever use the sunshine setting is on a long trail ride or if in a section that has minimium approach and required second or third gear, steep enbankment or a long hill climb. But Im no expert rider !

Advance and retard is correct.

If you need to rev your bike to 8000 to feel a difference between the switchs function I would suggest you do not spend enough time on your bike.

I idle my bike at a quick tick over. Have found to really smooth out the engine tick over, I file off half a ml from the slide cutaway. this in conjunction with dropping the needle one notch ( this will depend on altitude Ive found) as well as the addition of a set of boysen gives a silkie smooth engine that is almost impossible to stall. The only time I would ever use the sunshine setting is on a long trail ride or if in a section that has minimium approach and required second or third gear, steep enbankment or a long hill climb. But Im no expert rider !

Advance and retard is correct.

As you are the first person I have ever heard of who has filed!!! their slide you need to ride your bike more and put the tools away.

Are you talking about a 250? had 3 of these now and as most remove the switches would suggest that this is probably correct, would like to do a blind test with you on the (my) bike we are talking about here.

May work in the outback but here in the uk most people leave the carbs alone once set as altitude is never an issue.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Thats OK, maybe Im just a bit fussy and can feel the difference a little bit of grooming can achieve.

I have a 250 as I found it was all I needed for my capabilities.

If I rode it any more Im sure there would be an impending domestic ! ;)

Would like to take up your offer for a test ride but then I would think it unfair if you could not evaluate mine........pretty sure you could have a lend of my file !

Edited by steveo

I couldn't tell any difference between the switch settings on mine. I use to have it on the sunny setting hoping that it had some magic power to alter the weather ;)

Really? My Raga burps, farts and generally sounds really sick (not unlike the bloke it was named after) on idle if it's on the "sunny" setting.