Leaking Petrol Tank

weeble

Help, mate of mine has got a scorpa 250 02 and the tank is leaking from where a bolt or screw should be at rear of the tank.He bought it a few weeks ago off ebay and it looks if its been tadged up with gobbo or something (havnt seen it myself ).Does anybody know of anywhere that could plastic weld it or fill it for him or tell him how to do it his self any help would be appreciated. New tanks

Help, mate of mine has got a scorpa 250 02 and the tank is leaking from where a bolt or screw should be at rear of the tank.He bought it a few weeks ago off ebay and it looks if its been tadged up with gobbo or something (havnt seen it myself ).Does anybody know of anywhere that could plastic weld it or fill it for him or tell him how to do it his self any help would be appreciated. New tanks

Help, mate of mine has got a scorpa 250 02 and the tank is leaking from where a bolt or screw should be at rear of the tank..

where has the bolt or screw gone?

if you mean the petrol tap, there may be an O-ring washer missing?

Hello Weeble,my tank was leaking where the kickstart sits,try'd petrol patch but leaked after a few months. So cleaned the area & areldite'd it then fibreglass'd it still no leaks.Give it a go youv'e nothin to loose.Also mine has got no bolt holes at the rear of the tank just the two fixing holes at the front.

You could try flow liner it's a 2 pack resin that you mix and pour in to your tank and swill it around (remove fuel tap and seal hole with tape first),I'v used it a few times with excellent results on rusty tanks and split plastic tanks.

Heres a tip that could save the day, especially if your in the middle of a trial; If the tank springs a leak then rub some soap into the hole (bar soap), it will harden when in contact with the petrol and seal the hole, not a permanent solution but it will get you home.

You could try flow liner it's a 2 pack resin that you mix and pour in to your tank and swill it around (remove fuel tap and seal hole with tape first),I'v used it a few times with excellent results on rusty tanks and split plastic tanks.

Do you have more details on flow liner and where to get it?

Heres a tip that could save the day, especially if your in the middle of a trial; If the tank springs a leak then rub some soap into the hole (bar soap), it will harden when in contact with the petrol and seal the hole, not a permanent solution but it will get you home.

This worked when the fuel filter on my car sprang a leak...like he says..short term fix only.I know there's not always a bar of soap next to you at a trial.

But I have had my bike in the bath with me before?? honest !