Youth Nats.

brian r

For the summer camp, we will have lots of champs instructing, including:

Ray Peters

Brent LeRiche

Bruce LeRiche

Chris Florin

David Chavez

Ryan Young will make an appearance on Tues or Wed., and Tommi Ahvala should be there on Tuesday.

Charlie & I and a few other volunteers will be helping teach the younger riders, but we will have the pros circulate among small groups of riders so that everyone gets individual attention from a variety of instructors.

And we're allowing time for swimming at the waterfall and in the river, hayrides, watermelon eating, etc.

Should be fun! I never had a summer camp like this when I was a kid!

dan

www.trialstrainingcenter.com

p.s.,Here's another perspective on summer camps. Yesterday Ray & I went up to camp Rainbow to join the Bechards to do a riding demo for the kids there. This is a summer camp for seriously ill children, funded and staffed mostly by the "Bikers who care" organization. Lots of the kids were in wheelchairs. One little guy was doing wheelies in his chair until the nurses made him stop! They seemed to enjoy the riding and were very appreciative, and we had fun. A trip like that certainly helps put things in perspective. One little autistic girl came up and gave me a big hug and she absolutely made my day. Big thanks to Al Bechard for organizing the demo!

Many autistics actually do like human contact; they're just a better judge of character than the rest of us.

Camps like Camp Rainbow are great, but its the little things throughout the years that really do the most good. Bob Ginder of B&J Racing spent several years personally manufacturing, machining, and providing at no cost many learning devices for a local middle school's special ed classrooms. The school system did not have the funds to purchase learning devices (especially those to help with fine motor skills) at $400 to $1000 a pop for their handicapped students. Bob worked closely with the teachers and designed many items for their use. My son, who is autistic, went from not knowing a wrench from a hammer to being able to disassemble a motorcycle engine (an old one, pre-loosened, of course) to re-assembling it, correctly. He went from not knowing number sequences to being able to pick out a requested wrench (i.e., 10mm) and putting it back in the correct place in the tool box drawer. Eight years later, my son is now able to work in a controlled environment assembling items for contract pay. I owe this to Bob's interaction.

Bob has a bit of a gruff reputation, but he goes out of the way to help those in need without a lot of publicity. Publicity is great and gives many people an opportunity to help in ways they never thought of, but the on-going assistance is really what is needed.

I'm off my soap-box now!

Brian R

Im coming to youth nats do you still have mecatecno needing to sell ours considering lowing price may bring with me if room. Looking forward to meeting you will be staying in cabin kid ridding beta 80 with gas gas fender