Regional Sections For This Forum?

boner

Just a thought... is it possible to suggest NEW areas for the forum?

Was thinking that it might be a good idea to have a section devided into Reigons of the UK (and potentially other countries).

The idea behind which is that it might be helpful for event organising, meeting fellow riders online - and at events, and become a good resource for YOUR area?

What do you think?

Cheers - Matt.

Take your point...

But, when I used to be part of a 4x4 forum, when we used to meet up it was kinda cool to put a face to the Username.

By having a Region forum, might even find a few more likeminded trials people in your area, to meet up and ride with, learn of useful resources in your area etc. etc.

However - if this idea is crap - then just say so, and I'll shut up! :madnoel:

Cheers - Matt.

Congratulations your first sensible comment. :madnoel:

thank you, i have been trying so hard laterly as well.

how about this for a sensible comment

you out tomorrow? if so i will teach you how to wheelie

Edited by hovis

Just a thought... is it possible to suggest NEW areas for the forum?

Was thinking that it might be a good idea to have a section devided into Reigons of the UK (and potentially other countries).

The idea behind which is that it might be helpful for event organising, meeting fellow riders online - and at events, and become a good resource for YOUR area?

What do you think?

Cheers - Matt.

Man that would get a bit much if you ask me! we already have loads of forums including UK and USA specific ones, doubt the Admins would be up for policing even more than we have, remember this is a worldwide forum used frequently by people from all over the world.

Barry - thanks for bringing this back up to the top again - I knew there was a topic somewhere I meant to reply to, but couldn't think what the hell it was! :madnoel:

Right - Regional Forums are an absolute possibility, but I would not create them unless I thought they would be used. They needn't necessarily add to the front page Forum index list (which is long enough as it is IMO) as they could be created as "sub-forums" of the UK section (or same for US section if there was enough interest). Basically click on, for example, UK Trials talk and you'd then be presented with a general trials talk forum and sub-forums detailing regions.

The other issue is people tend not to look at the forum list and just post everything and anything in General Trials Talk. I am moving topics several times daily to the correct Forum e.g. UK-specific stuff belongs in UK Trials Talk. I suspect the same would happen with sub-forums for regions. Everybody would just post in UK Trials Talk.

I can do what you ask, but would need to see a fair amount of support to set it up.

Think that would be a great idea, so long as you dont end up with to many forums as you may end up with several which do not get used. I know of several riders here in the Eastern centre which post on trials central.com so would be good idea. We have one club which runs a forum for the centre and is well used on a daily basis not just for info and regs but also for the odd bit of chat/banter etc. Hope to see such a thing set up in the new year. :madnoel:

Andy, glad you think that the Regions could be an added bonus to TC.

Perhaps, it could be kicked off and trialed (no pun intended) in the UK section - with an overhead READ ME from yourself, explaining what to do - and what not to do.

From the off, perhaps the Regions section could ruled as a "test/beta version part of the site" for a period of time, see if it was used correctly, had enough input, and was user maintained - rather than you having to repost evrything.

I appreciate it could potentially mean a load more work for you, BUT nothing ventured nothing gained?! :madnoel:

Cheers - matt.