Wrist Strenghtening

fozza321

Thought the title of this looked a bit risky, and yep I was right! Why do you want stronger wrists? Is one of yours falling behind :shutup:

I used to own one of them things and to be honest they are quite good I was using it for when I used to fly power kites (before I went harness and bar) But at the same time you just keep finding yourself trying to outdo others scores! And be warned this can be dangerous as you try to hard and the thing flys out of your tired hand

fozza321 Posted Today, 07:26 AM

just wondered while messing about with it it was actually doing me some good, as my wrist/lower forearm starts to hurt during some trials.

This may sound silly but it works.

Potassium suplaments seem to help with "arm pump". (pain and a "swelled" feeling in forearms and wrist causing difficulty in gripping handlebars)

Good friends told me about and I gave it a go. Seems to help. Now I just take one supplement a day and let it build up to effective levels in the body.

Kinell Posted Yesterday, 10:53 AM

QUOTE (ZIPPY @ Dec 28 2007, 02:31 PM)

This may sound silly but it works.

Potassium is found in Bananas and lots get eaten at the SSDT

I had heard that Bananas were a "trials riders favourite food"

Also helps with diarrhea. :shutup:

Also helps with diarrhea. :shutup:

Helps what, give it to you?

I think you really have to watch someone like Ray Peters do the rocky creek sections at TTC with ONE HAND before you realize just how much you are probably overworking your arms and wrists due to improper body positioning, improper lever positioning and such. It is somewhat humbling to suddenly realize just how screwed up you really are, but it gives you a lot to work on.

I think that if you let yourself get too tired and sloppy toward the end of a trial you are much more likely to get yourself hurt, and all the bananas in the world are not gonna help that. Conservation of energy is an important factor to consider. Propre tecnique will help that!

Basically, I think what I am telling you here is that it is a TWO way street. Attending schools and riding with a few gifted folk helps fend off your bad habits and develop good ones, reguardless of your skill level. I have also realized that youth and vigor will no longer help my old ass, and it does not get any easier as you get older, working upon your skills is increasingly important!

Bananna shooters are pretty good though, after a trial. 1/2 bananna, 1/2 peach schnops! :o

HAM2 Posted Today, 08:02 AM

QUOTE (ZIPPY @ Dec 29 2007, 01:24 PM)

Also helps with diarrhea.

Only as a but plug????

From the movie "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry"

"What you shove up your a** on your own time is your business."

something in the Bananas helps "firm" things up in the waste stream so to speak.

And apples do the exact opposite.

Now back to the wrist thing.

one handed rocky creek bed sounds mighty impressive.

Because I am cheap I have not attended any trials schools, so I go riding with Biff, which usually goes along the lines of "Hey Zippy you can ride that."

"Oh no I can't"

"Don't be a pansy, yes you can"

"OK I'll give it a go"

vvvvrrrrrrooooommmmmm CRASH!

Then Biff says "Wipe the blood off your face and Handgrips and do it again"

and I reply "uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh"

Ain't nothin' better than riding with good friends. :shutup:

copemech Posted Yesterday, 10:29 PM

Zipper, since Biff is treating you so well, you should treat yourselves with one of them weekends with Ryan! Money and time well spent.

Bring your camera on the second day to take pictures of Biff! (A little get even)

OH Biff treats me great, He drove my truck for me when I twisted my ankle all to hell. (that one was all me, no outside influence)

Can't get even with Biff just by taking pictures of him riding.....he's so awesome and can ride anything it's like magic. :thumbup:

I have seen some decent to good riders after taking a weekend with Ryan or spending time at TTC and there is a definate improvement in riding. They were already doing well but just picked up a few little techniques or understanding that really helped out. but alas I am a cheap *******.

Wrist strengthening: Potassium and use a "grip strengthening" thingy, basicall a spring with grips that you have to squeeze shut but do not use the finger(s) that pull the front brake or clutch. Because the other fingers are the ones that are holding the grips and pulling on the forearm muscles.

The problem i have is not weak wrist it's my clutch finger.Yes i know that i use the clutch to much and not control better with throtle,but i'm working on that.At the end of some trials it feels like there is something stuck inbetween the clutch and bars and i have big trouble holding clutch and bar same time.

Am i holding to tight on the bar?

coldcake Posted Today, 04:41 PM

The problem i have is not weak wrist it's my clutch finger.Yes i know that i use the clutch to much and not control better with throtle,but i'm working on that.At the end of some trials it feels like there is something stuck inbetween the clutch and bars and i have big trouble holding clutch and bar same time.

Am i holding to tight on the bar?

Possibly need to relax a little on the bars.

I don't think the problem is your finger but the muscles in the forearm that are "attached" to the finger. When these muscles are tired or just plain used up you will have a hard time holding things.

Try this turn your left hand palm up.

move your clutch finger like pulling in the clutch. (I am assuming that it is the index finger)

watch your wrist and lower forearm.

You should see lots of movement in that area.

Those are the muscles and tendons that are really getting stressed.

Just my opinion

coldcake Posted Today, 04:07 PM

cheers zippy,

Just had the strangest look from the good lady herself , with short satement from her.

:huh: Took me a second but I think I sussed what you're talking about. :D

HAHAHA

Not exactly what I meant,

Did it make sense about the muscles in the forearm?