Repsol 4rt 2008

iggy

I know the Repsol 4rt bike comes with the carbon parts and Fat Bars etc, but does it include the laptop software etc for different engine settings, i believe the earlier year repsols did but want to know whether the 08 Repsol does and if not how much does this cost and is it worth buying,

cheers iggy.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no it isnt , rrp on the bits seperately is approx 400. is it worth it? depends if you like the standard set up , some do ,others want it more to their own liking . ride it standard , if you dont like it buy a ptb and have a map pre installed which will save you some cash. its up to you.

Thanks, would prefer the prorgammable throttle body if its cheaper then, does this have a few different settings and what is the cost of one of these (roughly)

Haven't collected the bike yet so will try standard and see what i think, spent the last 3 years on Beta Rev 3 250's which i have found to be an excellent bike for my style of riding, i like the soft engine but just fancied a change to a 4RT, hopefully i will not regret it, my main worry is whether the engine is smooth and easy to control as i prefer a soft setting with power if needed rather than something that is a bit of a handful to control.

any tips wopuld be grateful.

I think your situation is similar as my situation. I have 2005 4RT and my previous bike was beta and scorpa.

For me, 4RT is not easy bike as previouse one. So I bought PTB and tried preprogrammed map. One maps is same as standard and soft map is similar as beta response. It is very comfortable for me.

I am using fast response throttle grip ( white one) and soft map of PTB. It is excellent.

I am looking for the way to reprogram PTB as more soft map. In order to reprogram, i need IF unit between PTB and PC(personal computer). This IF unit is very expensive as much as PTB.

I am collecting the technical information about this IF unit and try to build by myself.

Edited by leetrial

Thanks leetrial,

i've just printed out your info as i think this may well come in handy, i'll try the bike as standard once i have collected it, if i dont like it i will try the PTB with the settings you suggest,

thanks for the info,

all the best iggy.

the 08 4rt is a whole different kettle of fish, its miles better then the 05 bikes, i sold my 05

bike with the PTB on it and i had fitted a 43t rear sprocket and taken the front two restrictors

out of the exhaust. with my 08 i havnt touched any thing its all as standard from the factory

and its fantastic, dont forget that from an 05 bike to an 08 they have alltered the clutch,

cam shaft, exhaust, suspension, and smoothed out the power. i ride with two guys who have

05 4rts and they cant belive the difference, it makes you smile every time you get on it !!!!!!!!!!

jsp

Edited by jsp

the 08 4rt is a whole different kettle of fish, its miles better then the 05 bikes, i sold my 05

bike with the PTB on it and i had fitted a 43t rear sprocket and taken the front two restrictors

out of the exhaust. with my 08 i havnt touched any thing its all as standard from the factory

and its fantastic, dont forget that from an 05 bike to an 08 they have alltered the clutch,

cam shaft, exhaust, suspension, and smoothed out the power. i ride with two guys who have

05 4rts and they cant belive the difference, it makes you smile every time you get on it !!!!!!!!!!

jsp

So you didn't take the throttle restrictor out then?

I guess i should try it standard then after hearing the difference with the 2008 being much smoother this sounds more like what i want,

i'll see how i get on, hopefully bike should be ready for collection in mid January, i'll let you know what i think, be interesting to see how i get on, having road beta's for the last few years and not owned a 4 stoke trials bike sine the mid 1980's, hopefully i'll get used to it O.K,

cheers iggy.

I have 2 stroke montys then went on to rev3 they ride so smooth then i went for a 07 4rt monty with a ptb fitted.

I played with the setting to get it as smooth as the beta which i got to a degree.

They are awesome bikes but i could not get to grips with it on tricky sections and big steps,hill climbs they are superb so i went back to 08 beta 270

but i am glad i tried one hope you like it just not for me :thumbup: ps happy new year

nigel if you mean the big washer with the smaller hole drilled in

which is in the rubber between the ecu and the engine then

yes that ones out but none from the exhaust, the only other

things i have done is technosyl as much as i can, raptor footrests

and hangers, better sump guard and jitise air filter.

just waiting for gizza5 to get me some frame and engine guards

i would post photos if i knew how

jsp

nigel if you mean the big washer with the smaller hole drilled in

which is in the rubber between the ecu and the engine then

yes that ones out but none from the exhaust, the only other

things i have done is technosyl as much as i can, raptor footrests

and hangers, better sump guard and jitise air filter.

just waiting for gizza5 to get me some frame and engine guards

i would post photos if i knew how

jsp

So do i need to do anything to the 08 or can i ride it straight out the crate as standard, wheres the big washer that you have taken out (rubber between ecu ? and engine, not sure what ecu stands for) i dont want to have my revs restricted but do want a nice smooth feel ?

ideally i would like to keep completely standard but if i need to change things to get a softer and smoother pick up then i guess i'll have to.