Punctures!

markiemark

Hi, I accidently pulled out a repair plug from my rear tubeless tyre and my local tyre repair place tried to fix it with a mushroom repair with a patch over that...but it still leaks near to the puncture!!!!...slowly......the tyre looks in good condition (tread wise) but they say it make be delaminating in the carcass and the air travelling through the carcas to the damaged area..what are peoples viws on ....

1. just keep pumping it up,

2. They offered to put a tube in,

3. try another repair with one of those sticks,

or buy another tyre!

All advice welcomed...cheers mark

Standard dog turd and glue should do it. I ran one for about 6 months last year as I punctured when nearly new. If it's a long slit, then put a couple of dog turds in. I've never had one be any weaker than the original tyre. Make sure you trim the ends down nicely with a stanley knife.

I'm sceptical that any tyre place will understand the use of a trials tyre enough to fix the puncture properly. Nobody except us runs a tyre at 4 pounds where the sidewall is constantly flexing and beding.

Was this in the wall of the tyre? Surprised that they would try anything at all if it was as they run a risk?

I've got to ask I cant be the only person who does not know ....What are Dog turds???

Tried to find one of the site sponsors with them for sale, but couldn't. They list them as Dog T here :thumbup:

Clicky HERE

not sure if they have another name, I'm sure they probably do, but i don't know it. This is the standard way of repairing a tubeless trials tyre.

Tried to find one of the site sponsors with them for sale, but couldn't. They list them as Dog T here :D

Clicky HERE

not sure if they have another name, I'm sure they probably do, but i don't know it. This is the standard way of repairing a tubeless trials tyre.

BLIMEY!!!

• 3 weeks later...