125 Or 250

yamahaty250xox

has anybody had the experience of going from a 250 to a 125? im just interested as i am only a youth but ride a montesa 315, and two of my best mates (that i would usualy keep my own with!) have just got 125s and are now seam to be progressing in leaps and bounds. this could just be my bad riding but i just wonderd if there is a a big differance with a smaller capacity bike?

max

Edited by yamahaty250xox

Unless you are in the year of your 17th birthday, you must ride a 125 (or smaller) in ACU events.

I am 13 stone and found 125's quite capable for the type of events which I ride when I tried them for a comparison. Infact, I was amazed how good the Beta was!

Just look at what Ross Danby and Alexz Wigg can do on 125's. :thumbup:

My mate borrowed my sons 125 (Sherco) a couple of weeks back and got on brilliantly with it. So much so he's considering getting rid of his 280 and buying a 125 ! I quite often swap bikes with my son and I must admit, although underpowered on the big climbs it's probably all I need. There's many a 125 rider will show up the big boys (there's many a 50 rider that makes me look bad but that's another story).

As has already been mentioned, if you want to enter a trial as a youth you will need to ride a 125. Go get one and get your name on the results page :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same situation, where i ride a montesa and both of m friends ride sherco 125s. I jump on their bikes and i can do most of the stuff i can on my bike, cept hopping from rock to rock on the rear wheel is pretty tough, and i feel a lot less confident. They are real easy to flick around though in terms of hopping and stuffing the front wheel though.

Edited by THEDelaney