Back After 18years

tosh123

Hi to everyone on the forum.

Just been looking for trials bits and bobs and came across the forum. I've not ridden for about 18years, used to ride schoolboy trials in the 80's and 90's. I've seen Chris Hanan's name mentioned and Shirty Jnr who I used to ride with.

Used to ride for Sheffield and Hallamshire.

Just bought a gasser 280 and will be riding first trial on Sunday at Barnsley if I can remember how to ride, not had any practice!!!!!.

I had about 16 years off too.

The one good thing is that you come back like a total novice, then progress within a few months back to nearly where you left off.

If you don't tell anyone you used to ride they suspect you may be the next 40 year old world champion :D

18 years...pah...how about 25!! I took it up again two years ago when my son graduated from the TY80 conducted route and I didn't fancy legging it around 4 laps of a closed course to keep picking him up so I took the plunge and bought a second hand Beta to keep him company. I was hooked again and last year treated myself to a shiney new Scorpa. I ride in the East Midlands Centre and have a great time; there is nearly an event on every weekend within 1 hours drive of home. Aside from the pleasure of riding (I'm not that good) I have made many new friends and met some old ones too. In fact, it has become such a big part of my life, the BM 1200GS may have to go as it hardly ever gets used.

Hi, I`m about to start back into Trials after a 12 year break although i have done a few Hare and Hounds and Sprint hillclimbs.

Like they say you never forget how to ride a bike.

Good luck to all born again Trials riders. :D

Jamie

hi jamie, yes you are never to old to ride a bike. yes and you are also never to bald to ride one either, the last trial i did i had hair!!!!!!