Trials Clubs In Central South Uk

yoyo

Right then,

A mate and myself are off up to the Steve Saunders Trials School on the 19th of this month. We've both been involved in bikes over the years with more history than I'm prepared to divulge right now due to me hitting 40 this year and he is of a similar vintage. We're both down to do the school to learn how to ride these things as with our combined histories, we've discovered it's not like anything else we've done before.

Our aim is to compete in a trial and not compete against anybody else really - we just want to laugh at each others antics and take the michael out of each other.

I have a personal long term aim to compete in the Taunton Jubilee LDT (my place of birth), but as I understand it, to compete in any trials event we are going to need to join a trials club and or the ACU to get the desired licenses to compete.

If anybody can impart some advice and recommend our route then you've got yourselves two new competitors willing to give it a try.

I'm in Southampton and my afore mentioned mate is in Winchester. Travelling to events isn't really an issue but the more local it is the better so it would probably be best to join a localish club to compete.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a club, specifically one who will cater for complete trials novices as ourselves. We've both got recent machines, mine being an '06 Beta and his being an '05 GG.

Thanks

Shaun.

If you do not sort a club to join Steve Saunders may be able to sign and stamp your ACU registration form etc. When you attend the school there is an ACU form to fill in so speak to him and he may be able to sort it. It does not matter where the club is based that you join you only need the form to be stamped and signed to get the ball rolling. I attended his school last year its a good day. Enjoy... :thumbup:

Bognor www.brdmcc.org or Worthing www.worthingtrialsclub.com are friendly clubs and not too far from Southampton (possibly your closest)

Have fun!

However, I beleive that neither of the above clubs are ACU affiliated. Check first.

Waltham Chase MCC based soton run lots of closed to club events with 4 routes so great for getting started (http://www.walthamchasetrials.co.uk/) they also run a series of beginner trials on a Saturday afternoon during the summer with the odd practice day thrown in as well.

Waterside Mcc Run trials around the Southampton and Bournemouth area, again 4 routes so great for all abilities they also ran a great arena trial demonstration at the Beaulieu motorcycle show with loads of club members riding the sections as well as a few stars.

Ringwood Mcc run several open to centre events, the also run a summer series on Wednesday evenings near Bournemouth.

XHG Tigers Mcc also run a few Open to centres and ran an evening summer series last year.

Southampton and District don't know much about them but they do run a few open to centre.

Gosport Club they have a trial this Sunday near Petersfield.

Bit further west Yeo Vale run some really good events as do Blackmore Vale (ACU)

So plenty locally to start with that will give you a ride virtually every week within 1 to 1 1/2 hours drive.

Zona One the club steve is involved with, have at least one venue within 1 1/2 hours drive, 'Nettleton Quarry' you can practice there as well.

If you go to the to ACU site you will find contact details for all the clubs in the Southern centre.

The AMCA clubs mentioned before are very good also Blackmore Vale AMCA run some excellent events.

Enjoy

Waltham Chase MCC based soton run lots of closed to club events with 4 routes so great for getting started (http://www.walthamchasetrials.co.uk/) they also run a series of beginner trials on a Saturday afternoon during the summer with the odd practice day thrown in as well.

Waterside Mcc Run trials around the Southampton and Bournemouth area, again 4 routes so great for all abilities they also ran a great arena trial demonstration at the Beaulieu motorcycle show with loads of club members riding the sections as well as a few stars.

Ringwood Mcc run several open to centre events, the also run a summer series on Wednesday evenings near Bournemouth.

XHG Tigers Mcc also run a few Open to centres and ran an evening summer series last year.

Southampton and District don't know much about them but they do run a few open to centre.

Gosport Club they have a trial this Sunday near Petersfield.

Bit further west Yeo Vale run some really good events as do Blackmore Vale (ACU)

So plenty locally to start with that will give you a ride virtually every week within 1 to 1 1/2 hours drive.

Zona One the club steve is involved with, have at least one venue within 1 1/2 hours drive, 'Nettleton Quarry' you can practice there as well.

If you go to the to ACU site you will find contact details for all the clubs in the Southern centre.

The AMCA clubs mentioned before are very good also Blackmore Vale AMCA run some excellent events.

Enjoy

That's a lot of great info for me to be getting on with - Thank-you very much. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
am i right in thinking you need a road licence to compete in a long distant trial, or gps???? :thumbup:

road legal bike and your bike licence. guys (and gals) do these events on enduro type bikes, pamperas, ttr's, serrows, scropa long rides, pre 65 trials bikes, dakar bikes, etc, etc

reason i gave this was the orgional poster said his long term aim was to ride a LDT :)