Info Needed

sherco pete

cheers for all the help and info guys.got the bike afew days ago and its brilliant.totaly different to the sherco.made it through the trial on sunday so im happy with that got off to a good start on the bike so aslong as it keeps running ill be sure ive made the rite move.thanks agen. :lol::rolleyes:

Dont stick any hot screwdrivers anywhere. The Beta is vented from the factory.

When you remove the factory harness there is only one way to hook things up without making modifications.

All together we have had 8 270 revs in the family. We have replaced one stator.

I know what bike I will get next.

Aaron

.. its brilliant. totaly different to the sherco...

Can you shed some light on this?.. different, how? Does it turn better / worse? Make more / less - smoother / snappier power? etc.

OBTW, change your personal settings to show your location...

Dont stick any hot screwdrivers anywhere. The Beta is vented from the factory.

When you remove the factory harness there is only one way to hook things up without making modifications.

All together we have had 8 270 revs in the family. We have replaced one stator.

I know what bike I will get next.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron.

I was only using generalities with the venting thing...I didn't realize the Beta was already vented.

They're a well-sorted machine.

As for disconnecting lights, etc. I think Beta is the only manufacturer that acknowledges how many of us do that, and they make it a no-tools operation.

Unplug this and plug that in...no cutting, no solder...

Good stuff.

:rolleyes: Has anyone seen or got any info on the 2005 Betas yet??? I've only got snippets so far, apparently more info available in August!!!

Ahh the old Beta Stator debate - I have heard that the Sherco's also have the same problem. No much fuss made about their's failing - interesting!!!!

Kal

Red and Silver.

Revised engine mapping, as per every other year.

Weight redistribution.

NO 4 STROKE!

Anymore information and I would have to kill you.

Can you shed some light on this?.. different, how?  Does it turn better / worse?  Make more / less - smoother / snappier power? etc.

OBTW, change your personal settings to show your location...

the beta is so much easier to move around on than the sherco.it grips a hell of alot better!and i just think the power is so much better aswell.its not quite as responsive as the sherco but it has alot more grunt.the only thing i dont like is that there is not asmuch crome parts on it so im lookin into getting a polished frame if it is possable just to make it that we bit different. :rolleyes::lol:

clarkp i have changed my profile to show my location.

sherco pete polish the frame your self you need to get a paint removing disk from b&q or some where like that then i a high speed drill and start removing the anodized stuff on the frame and dont forget to take the graphix off first then when it is all removed polish up with some metal polish and put some new graphix on that is how i did myn

ok sorry Andy, forgot about that!!

ill start again then,

Hey Pete,

take it that you got the 2004 Beta, did you get it in 250 or 270?? do you think that i should wait until the 2005 Beta is out to get my new one or should i just go for a 2004 just now? also do you think that i sjould go for another 250 or go for the 270 model?

are you going to the Grace Dignan Memorial Trial this year? if so could i get a shot of your bike there?

cheers chris,

p.s. once my new bike arrives i will be getting right back into trials again, because recently i have let my riding slip away because my bike has been out of action, but it would be great to get out practicing with you when you are down from college!

Cheers

Unless i get my new bike by the time of the Grace Dignan i am not riding but i will observe for Alistair if im not, if i manage to get my bike on time im not sure how im gonna get an observer ill worry about that nearer the time.

see you there

Chris

• 1 year later...
As for disconnecting lights, etc. I think Beta is the only manufacturer that acknowledges how many of us do that, and they make it a no-tools operation.

Unplug this and plug that in...no cutting, no solder...

i had to make a small wire to connect the wires togerther because the connections wre differnt

because you need to connect the yelloow wites together dont you?>

James