How Is Trials Doing ?

daggs888

Is it just me or is the buzz and updates just not happening on TC now compared to a few years ago ?

Just looked for the info on the new 2008 bikes on TC and very little there ... I know there's more ? ...

This is by no means a dig at the site or Andy but it's been on my mind for a while now and felt i needed to get it off my chest ..... things have gone slow, but then agiain we were all spoiled when andy done the world tour and posted daily updates, pics and vids ..... all said and done, TC is still the best trials site around.

I'd be interested in seeing basic stats for this site - number of visitors / members for over the past few years ... that would give us a real idea of trials in general and if it is in decline and will eventually go or if its steady or on the the up (with the recent craze of cycle trials)........

Andy, could you give us and high level stats on how TC is doing (and therefore how trials is doing) in terms of hits now versus 1, 2 and 3 years ago ?

This is traditionally a quiet time of year so it's always a bit like this at this time of year.

There's only so much info I'm willing to reveal publicly, but hits and page views on Trials Central continue to increase on a month by month basis. It's been hovering around the 3,000,000 page views per month for a few months, gradually increasing. I migrated the server in July 2007 so don't have stats from before then but the trend is definitely continued growth.

In terms of Forum Registrations, for the past few months it's run...

October 2007 - 112

November 2007 - 149

December 2007 - 136

January 2008 - 165

Again, an upward trend. If you bear in mind the publicity I've done for TC since starting it four years ago has been absolutely minimal and 99% of people get here by word of mouth, I'm more than delighted with how the site does. Thanks to the sponsors and the supporters it's now at a stage where I can start to return a bit to the sport financially.

As far as the new bike info goes - just as an example - I rely on people sending me that kind of information. I'm not a full-time journo and have a real-life job over and above this so don't have the time to go chasing for it. Trials is, or has been a very old-fashioned sport. It's only in recent times people are starting to adopt new technologies like computerised results and this fancy fangled Interweb!

I was talking to Jake a couple of days ago about my plans for the 2008 WTC. I currently plan on attending all World rounds with the exception of Japan and Sweden. Japan because it's so far to fly and the Honda complex, though very impressive, is not a nice place to be stuck and Sweden because us Subaru Impreza nuts have a massive Colin McRae tribute weekend planned for that weekend. I am pleased to say I should be able to make the US round though as I'm out there the week before for a conference so will (hopefully) be able to jump on an internal flight to Tennessee. Depends on how awkward our company travel people are.

Good to hear you will be back on the wtc trail Andy, .. jealous! - Sweden sounds good, unfortunately just sold my RB5 so no longer in the scooby fraternity!

Any chance of a return of wtc prediction thingy from a few years back, it added a little expectation to the wtc results, was fun!

How about it?

cheers