2008 Montesa's?

proformance cycle

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for making a living, I meant the importers.

I suspect there are very few dealers to make a living.

The real surprising thing to me is...there is no action on this topic.

I think a major manufacturer just stopped shipping to a major country.

HELLOOOO...

You'd get 1000 replies if you posted that Gasgas was going to be painting their frames green.

I have no idea about the situation in the US so excuse my ignorance. If the official importer is not importing then this year he (or she) isn't an importer. Is there no way that dealers can import direct from the manufacturer? Or direct from Spain? I'm not particularly in favour of any kind of grey imports, but you wouldn't be competing with anyone it seems.

What's the background to the lack of imports?

I have no idea about the situation in the US so excuse my ignorance. If the official importer is not importing then this year he (or she) isn't an importer. Is there no way that dealers can import direct from the manufacturer? Or direct from Spain? I'm not particularly in favour of any kind of grey imports, but you wouldn't be competing with anyone it seems.

What's the background to the lack of imports?

Trialsage can correct me if I am wrong but I am of the understanding that there is at this time no designated US importer. Trialsage is handling the Montesa parts distribution.

The reason there are no '08s imported is because there are too many earlier models not spoken for. If they send over some '08's the earlier years will have to be discounted more. Then, when there are big discounts on the earlier models there is no demand for the '08s. Best not to send any over. We do have an importer and parts distributor, but I've never heard of Trialsage.

The reason there are no '08s imported is because there are too many earlier models not spoken for. If they send over some '08's the earlier years will have to be discounted more. Then, when there are big discounts on the earlier models there is no demand for the '08s. Best not to send any over. We do have an importer and parts distributor, but I've never heard of Trialsage.

Trialsage is Mandy or Aidrian of lewisport I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

If there are so may earlier models not spoken for, how come I am having a hard time locating one? Anyone know of a new '07 that I can buy in the US?