4rt Rebuild Question

wardo

I have a '05 4rt that has has between 300 and 400 hours on it. It has been incredibly reliable and only needed the valves to be adjusted once. I subscribe to the "if it ain't broke..." school, but I am thinking the bike must be due for a top end. Who else has done theirs and at how many hours? Did you notice a significant difference? Has anyone had their engine grenade from not rebuilding in a timely fashion? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards,

Wardo

Lots of 4rt's around here and never seen one break and I don't know of anyone who has ever done the top end. I did the top end on mine only to put a big bore kit on it. Took about 2.5 to 3 hours, but I was also comparing all the different parts along the way, plus I also had little "helpers" so that took a little longer too.

Unless it's smoking or somthing I wouldn't bother though.

Well i have had my 4rt it is coming three years old this feb it gets a good hammering every weekend ,only time it failed to start when the spark plug gave up, not bad for three years. i keep the oil & filters clean & therefore it cannot wear out in clean oil, my mate ash has the same bike & that one get absoltly wacked & wacked day in & day out he has only chaged the oil filter once & the engine & gear box oil twice & the consuables are on going anyway :o keep it clean & oiled it will last for ever , i here horror stories about 4rt going wrong this is down to people messing with adjustments when they no nothing about engines, leave all the silencer restrictors in as well .honda spent thousands off pounds developing the exsaust system alone to give the maxamum torque, try it out on a rolling road you will be amazed with & without so leave as is. there are some nice 4rt add ons on the market put your cash at these parts insted happy 4rt :thumbup: ing