Replica Keihin Carbs - Any Good?

amcq46

Has anyone tried the Thailand Replica Carbs being sold on e-bay? like this, item number 120198349467

Price looks good, but as with any copy I would be concerned about the quality and accuracy of machining so I am interested if anyone has taken the plunge on a GG or other makes, and if they were happy with the product?

I'm a little confused as to why the question. Going cheap on such a critical component is usually a waste of money. I'm not trying to be a jerk. Believe me I have bought plenty of stuff that was a little cheaper and almost invariably I find I have to get the real item shortly thereafter and ended up saving nothing and actually paying a lot more then if I had just bought the genuine article in the first place.

...like this continuous printer inking system that was supposed to save me money and has only managed to spill ink all over the inside of my printer and make my fingers look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

Dan,

My instinct is the same as yours, there is probabaly a drawback with taking the low cost solution in that you get what you pay for, but there are more and more exceptions nowadays as the products from some areas of Asia Pacific manufacture grow in quality.

I started the thread as I have found, via my day job, that it is wrong to assume that all Asia Pacific Low Cost Countries cant achieve european quality levels [Korean car makers with 5 year warranty are one of many examples I could use], but clearly as with many of the low cost, low end pit bikes, or replica watches, there is also a good chance that these carbs are rubbish.

I am sure I am not alone in looking at them and wondering if this is a viable option, hence I am interested in some first hand feedback from anyone who has tested the parts so we can share the experiences across these global forums.

Actually the Replica Carbs work real well. The quality, form, fit and function are as advertised on this particular one ..........great item at a great price...........

D.Sileo, Thanks for joining the discussion. As someone who has used one of these replica parts I would be interested in more information on your experience.

How long have you been using it, what bike you fitted it to, how it compared to standard carburation, were you able to specify the carb with the correct slide for your bike [as I know these alone cost

i have also used one on a 125 racing using the same jets that are used in the normal ones my only problem so far is that i have snapped two slides not sure weather it is to do with bad manufacture or because the spring is two strong or weather its because of the metal tick over screw.