Past Stars

windlestone

HI, eddy lejune still rides in twin shock trials in belgium though he was quite ill for a few years, bernie scrieber lives in france and is married to the one time world champions sister of giles burgat,rob edwards lives up durham or that way on but has been quite ill,rob sheperd is still on his farm but is into wind surfing,john reynolds is still doing his rac job in between attending road racing track days, last time i saw pete cartwright he was on a harley davidson at addingham moorside 1997,john lampkin nipped out on the harley at one point!,quite funny.

Edited by PHYSCO

Rob Edwards was/(is) one of the most cheerful blokes I've ever met in trials, I can only ever remember him smiling. From what I remember he went for years (probably twenty to thirty) with breathing problems and I seem to remember my old man mentioning that they had managed to sort him out in the last few years - some rare rheumatic disease or summat. I reckon he would be 20 years or so ahead of me so maybe getting towards 60 now? Hopefully still well.

I think he managed top 3 or 4 in the world at least once - a shame he got slowed down along the way.