07 Cam

hughesy

Cheers Windlestone, I was under the impression the 07's and 08's had a different cam, but the part No is the same. I presume that all stock held in with that part No is now 07/08 spec, didn't Mont used to have superseding part numbers ie changing the last group of numbers to incorporate modification/improvements?

Anyway thanks again for taking the time.

Hughesy

Edited by Hughesy

i believe the cam to be a change from 05/06 bikes. 07/08 have different cam however part numbers are the same and a friend rang sandifords to order an 07 cam for his 05 and they told him they were the same cam

Can't remember now where i read the cam's had changed

i'll have a look tonight

Edited by windlestone

There is an other partnumber for a cam : 14100-NN4-C00 I think it is the 07 cam but i have ask it before to several people from who i was thinking that they know something about the 4RT, but there is no one in the whole world who has or can answer this question.

Look at the following link : www.cmsnl.com

Even the Montesa factory itself won't answer this question !!!!!!

:rotfl::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Lewisports in the USA has a kit with the 07 cam for sale: lewisports

Edited by fantic303

Last year HRC Japan had a kit for updating 05 and 06 4rt to 07 specs. I think it's the same kit as the one on Lewisport, so there is clearly a new cam on the 07 bike. I would bet my money on that the 14100-NN4-C00 is the new cam. Can't anyone with alot of money buy it so we can find out :rotfl:

Edited by Ludde

• 4 years later...

I have a measured my own cam (2005) and a 2008 cam and timing is the same. Only the sports cam from the 260 kit has a different timing.

There is a small change on the 2007 and later cams and that is the decompressor for easier start.