rev3 no spark

razor

just got a 2004 rev3 it started first time the night we picked it up, but the day after, it would not start, so i swapped a few bit off my freinds 04 and it seems it is the CDI.

is it possible to get them fixed, or does somone have a spare one or know where i can get a used one, as they are

Not got a Beta myself but I think this is a common problem with them. It has been mentioned on here a few times recently. I don't think the seller would have known though. Time to bite the bullet and pay the 130 as I doubt you can repair them. :rolleyes:

If you have an 04 Rev3, there is a huge (dare I say 99.9%) chance that the stator or cdi will pack in. Then once you've changed it for a new one, there's the same chance it will go again..... mine did.

It might be worth spending the extra and buying a full after market ignition system. Apparently, this gives a permanent cure. Try contacting a well known trials dealer in Stroud. I believe they may stock such an item.

My Techno was running fine at the last trial,washed it,cleaned and serviced it and put it in the shed for 2 weeks.Went to start it on a friday night to check everything was ok for a trial on the sunday and it refused to start.Had a spark but it was very weak.New stator and it started 2nd kick.

I doubt if the guy you bought it from had any idea,they just go I believe,mine did.

A stator from a 1999 Techno would fit,I imagine the CDI would as well,earlier Techno's were different.

If in any doubt phone Lampkin's they are very helpful,especially at emptying your wallet!

The CDi on the '04 is different from the '03 model, the 250 is also different from the 200, I know as I tried swapping the two when mine went. (Not sure if that was the first time or the second time it went though?)

hi i have a rev 3 2001 the cdi packed in and lampkins could not get hold of one so i had a spare 94 techno one put it on and that was months ago no probs and the best thing is it does away with the coil pack as its all in one and fits were the other one did and if you go on j k hirst they are only 22 pound what a saving

you do have to cut the plug off ur rev but the techno one has spade ends so no probs

i did put a post on about it some were hope this helps

hi i have a rev 3 2001 the cdi packed in and lampkins could not get hold of one so i had a spare 94 techno one put it on and that was months ago no probs and the best thing is it does away with the coil pack as its all in one and fits were the other one did and if you go on j k hirst they are only 22 pound what a saving

you do have to cut the plug off ur rev but the techno one has spade ends so no probs

i did put a post on about it some were hope this helps

do you know if it would work on a 2004 ?