Lancs County And Bootle Traditional Champs Rounds

woody

Brilliant weekend - if any of you lads/lasses involved in the organisation of the trials are on here they were both spot on. Nothing tight, all sections cleanable, although it would take very good rides on some to achieve that (and there were) but most others still tricky enough to take marks if a rider wasn't right on line.

So well done, thanks for the events, roll on next year.

Only thing I'd change in the Bootle event is more sections in the rock streams as we just don't get to ride enough of that stuff down here, but there they are all over the place, everywhere you look, just begging to be ridden. But you could always find just one, really snotty one full of mud, just for Nick.

Edited by Woody

So why did the Dabster lose 22 marks, only eight fewer than the Class F winner, and not win his class and lose a dozen more than the Pre 75 winner? Jim Royle's remark is best suited I believe!

Well, great effort to put on a trial which had one route for all, if I think it a bit on the easy side so be it thats how it should be for this series on a modern bike though, but as a one size fits all it was a great attempt and compared to the crap served up at a previous sidecar round (so I was told) was a breath of fresh air. Easy to loose marks which is what its all about, I guess.

As for the twenty two (err hum) a five as stated above section 3 and another one on section 4 second lap (4rt itus) i would have been much happier with the 12.

Great piece of land and I bet you could have twenty different sections there next week.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Guest majestyman340
Brilliant weekend - if any of you lads/lasses involved in the organisation of the trials are on here they were both spot on. Nothing tight, all sections cleanable, although it would take very good rides on some to achieve that (and there were) but most others still tricky enough to take marks if a rider wasn't right on line.

Only thing I'd change in the Bootle event is more sections in the rock streams as we just don't get to ride enough of that stuff down here, but there they are all over the place, everywhere you look, just begging to be ridden. But you could always find just one, really snotty one full of mud, just for Nick.

How did you get on Woody?

OK overall, the old Bulto 49 was capable of cleaning probably all of the sections but very hard work on some. Had a decent 2nd lap of 12 at Bootle including 2 abysmal threes which were my fault, not the bike. Enjoyed it, that's the main thing but like the old school report, must concentrate more, should have done better.

And can we have some more downhill stream sections for rappers ,the forward dive without pike for five ,was a sight to behold ,

and the language ,french if i am not mistaken ! :gay:

Great piece of land and I bet you could have twenty different sections there next week.

Easily, I go there a lot to practise my falling off, its only 30mins from my house.

Dont know how much you saw of it, I had to work this weekend and couldnt get there, but you could easily have a 1 lap 50 section trial there and probably 1 the week after and not use the same section twice.

But it is seeing a lot of pressure recently, lots of MX charging around upsetting the walkers, hopefully things will calm down and they wont start restricting its use.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the positive feedback about the bootle round, woody you want more becks! but we are bored of them! seriously all comment are taken on board.

Scott T if you are refering to Fell Green being a great venue then yes it is being wrecked by MX and enduro bikes but also by ILLEGAL practicing by trials bikes to and if this carries on much longer the venue will be lost as locals are getting very upset and once the get the lake district planning board involved it will be the END!!.

Sorry to inform you about this but if you and any mates could refrain from going there practicing we may be able to keep everybody happy and be able to run events there for many years to come.