Camping Sites For Scottish Pre 65

superhondaman

Guys, just been on the SSDT website - can I find the dates of the event anywhere?

No.

Please could someone let me know when the event runs from and to?

Quite fancy some time off work and taking a trip up north.

Thanks - Boner.

If you get stuck (i know it's a bit of a daily trek), but there are some great camp sites in Arisaig, along the Mallaig Road. Good spots on the beach and the beaches are wonderful. I've stayed around there often and the ride from Arisaig isn't too bad of a morning, plus you access the sections on the Appin Peninsular quite easily too. Happy Camping !

There are quite a few campsites coming from the south:

Red Squirrel campsite, on the backroad into Glencoe Village from the A82, turn off the main A82 road at the sign for the Clachaig Hotel / Glencoe Village. About 7 miles from start, close enough to village and Clachaig to walk.

Glencoe visitor centre on the main A82 about a mile before Glencoe village has a site attached to it - 9 miles from start - haven't pitched here but looks clean enough, bit of road noise though.

Invercoe campsite, Invercoe village (right on Loch Leven on the road to Kinlochleven about a mile from Glencoe village) - 7 miles from start, good site but not the cheapest, not much nearby in way of boozers since the Glencoe Hotel closed, nearest is Clachaig Hotel about 3 miles away.

Coalasnacoan, lochside on the same south road from the A82 to Kinlochleven, very close to the furthest out sections on this side of Loch Leven. About 5 miles from start. Haven't stayed here either. Nothing in walking distance for grub etc.

Blackwater Hostel, right in Kinlochleven next to the old hydro station on the way out to Pipeline. About 1/4 mile from the start, you'd probably have to book here as the camping area is quite small. Right in amongst the action, close to everything.

Have fun!