Fule Oil Mixture

pedronicman

Hi all ,

Am going to ride the TL 320 this weekend as was wondering which fuel oil mix to use, as i

haven't riiden a twinshock for about 15 years.

I will also be running the engine in for the first couple of hours of riding.

I was going to use fully synthetic at 50:1 with super unleaded , i have been told to use semi synthetic at 40:1

also with superunleaded as its an older air cooled machine.

I am not interested in the different oil brand debate , i just want to know what mix is best.

What do you think? :D

I mix Castrol TTS synthetic at 50:1 for my SWM. There are some mineral 2-stroke oils around (Shell do one) and will require a ratio towards 40:1 or 25:1 but should be avoided. Don't go for a higher ratio above 50:1, even if it smokes a bit (should be fine though)

Guest majestyman340

Using any more full synthetic oil than 70/80:1 on a trials bike will simply mean exhaust gets clogged quicker and throttle response isnt as good, due to weakening mixture strength. If you want motors to last then adding more oil isnt the answer, but spending more time on maintaining the bike properly will be of great help.

Guest majestyman340

Using any more full synthetic oil than 70/80:1 on a trials bike will simply mean exhaust gets clogged quicker and throttle response isnt as good, due to weakening mixture strength. If you want motors to last then adding more oil isnt the answer, but spending more time on maintaining the bike properly will be of great help.

Using 50:1 of Castrol TTS does not clog exhausts and does not affect throttle response.

Even though I could run 70/80:1 on my TYZ I use 50:1 and that bike does not lack response and runs clean as a whistle.

The reason I run 50:1 is because it suited any bike I had so I didn't have to worry about the wrong mix going in the wrong bike. That ratio suited the TYZ, KTM300 and the Bultaco and Ossa.

Run a steel liner Bult or Ossa on 80:1 and it will more than likely seize, it's for plated bores and hard rings.