5 Michael Brown -m 45

European Championship

1. Tadeusz Blazusiak - 15

2. Ian Austermuhle - 18

3. Michele Orizio -21

4. Mikka Vesterinen - 21

6 James dabill - 26

8. Michael Phillipson - 29

I watched on Saturday, the standard of the Youth Cup riders is very high, and well done to Alexz and all the other British lads you gave it their best shot in extremely hot conditions, and were sitting in queues for 20-30 minutes probably didn't help.

There's alot of mental pressure on these lads, watching the top Youths shows that they have to develop 'broad shoulders' to compete at this level just to deal with the psychological side, as well as riding.

There were a couple of 'un-savoury' incidents though when a rider or parent let the pressure boil over - but that's a problem in all youth sport unfortunately.

Hawkstone is a great venue, but not easy to spectate unless you are a mountain goat ! its surprisingly hard work standing on a steep slope all day :wacko: Offers some really technical testing sections for the riders, and some tough inter-section going for the Minders. It takes no prisoners on the bikes if the Minders don't catch them.

excellent trial, with plenty of testing sections, some quite big uns, but mainly very technical. The deep soft sand made turning, hoping, walking, well everything very difficult.

It was easy to forget you were in the uk, with the scorching weather. There was a reasonable amount of spectators, too which made it feel like a euro championship.

Well done to Austy with a great ride, it was good to here the crowd getting behind all the riders. A great venue, but where were the steams?

Hawkstone is a great venue, but not easy to spectate unless you are a mountain goat ! its surprisingly hard work standing on a steep slope all day  :wacko: Offers some really technical testing sections for the riders, and some tough inter-section going for the Minders. It takes no prisoners on the bikes if the Minders don't catch them.

Oh - Tell me about it!

Minding on Saturday - Borrowed GasGas 300 so more parts would be interchangeable (legally). GasGas lasted until just before section 1 when it sprung a leak (from cylinder head) - not good!

Took bike back to paddock, ran (walked a bit fast) back to section 1.

Two laps on foot in boots and helmet, I was springing a few leaks too. :wacko:

Good job I'm such a spritely chap :D

All ready for 7 hours observing on the Sunday.

Wouldn't have missed it for the World :D

Did you manage to get one of that German lass running the organiser over as she jumped out of section 12. Once I'd separated him from her bike and I knew his leg wasn't broken, I couldn't help but chuckle at him yelping like a big girl :D

No - sorry that's cruel - I didn't mean that..........much :wacko:

I felt more sorry for the rider - she obviously felt awful....especially when he gave her a 5 instead of a 3 and had to re-punch it :wacko:

He did do a lovely back flip though and had that other bike not been in the way I think he'd have got away.

Even he'd laugh at it now :D

Looks like her - and about the right angle.......just need to superimpose a slow moving slightly miserable looking bloke just underneath the front wheel.

And you may as well shove a teddy in the corner - it appeared there shortly afterwards :wacko:

Fair play though he was only miserable for a couple of minutes. During 99% of the time when he didn't have a Gasser on top of him he was happy as Larry :D