Jitsie 'lift Kit'

catskinner

hi catskinner i fitted the kit about a month ago,a lot less sag easier to hop the rear end,upto now no bottoming out, i also had to let the shock spring down a little to compensate for the new kit. if you fit the kit make sure you check and repack all the bearings with grease while you have it all apart :wacko:

landrover, what year Monty are you riding ?

I had some of Peter Schwartz's plates (which are most likely the same) that I used on my 01, but since I changed to an 02 I've never tried them. (I like the steering the way it is and noticed how it changed with the plates on the 01)

Just wondering whether its worth the effort to put them on ?

Subira,

My mont is the 2002 model, the jitsie kit has lifted the back up a quiet a bit but has no adverse affect on the handling, lost a little grip while the spring was wound up so I slackened it of a bit,

With no noticeable affects on the steering

I've got them fitted, as soon as i fitted them, i tried my usual sections as testing, Within 3 mins i realised it maskes the head angle steeper, (after a couple of trips over the bars) so you have to drop the forks through, mine are almost flush with the top yoke, which compensates for lifting the rear.

I have them fitted aswell, bike doesn't bottom out, and thats with 14.5 stone lurking over the back wheel. They definately make it easier for hopping and bopping, sunt is right it does alter head angle, but they are definately an improvement on standard plates.

I'm beginning to wonder if the delta plates on my 03 Mont might have been wrongly fitted at some time!. The handbook pics aren't very clear, can somebody put up a drawing or something showing the right fitting?.

This scan shows the right hand side of the right hand Delta plate, ie the eye on the right fits the suspension unit. I wonder if it's been upside down?. I reckon that if they were turned up the other way it would raise the back end quite a bit?.

I saw a pair of Jitsie deltas in a plastic bag but can't see a great deal of difference and in fact if they were fitted like the present ones it looks like they would actually drop the back end, which is where I started on this thread!.

post-9-1092389164.jpg

it looks as though they've fitted incorrectly, you should only have 1 edge battered by rocks, I cant tell you which way round off the top of my head, i'm finishing my bike off tonight for the brit champs, will have a look and let you know.

Problem solved. After sussing out another Mont. it's clear that the previous owner has had the delta link apart at some time and refitted the plates upside down and on the wrong sides, which accounted for the bikes drooping rear and bottoming suspension. All working like it should now with new needle roller bearings as well (at