Most Reliable 125

jack_h

I got a brand new 02 Sherco 125 Saturday before the start of the SSDT put gas in it, rode it up the road a couple of hours, set it up and rode the event without having to change one part.

6 years on the bike is still going strong.

Scorpa need to change the frame on the 125 air banger, stick the motor in a 205F style frame and I think they would have a winner.

Thought you had a beta 125 Jack?

A Scorpa is not the bike for you, if maintainence is an issue get some one to show you the ropes, I'm sure ypu can do the ordinary stuff yourself, if not I will show you what to do maybe next trial at Nash Mills?

Hey Nigel,

yes I do have the Beta though im not keeping it.

I'd had half a year and then the stator went.

Fixed the stator and then something else went within two trials.

After fixing the problem and riding the bike around the garden a loud bang comes out of the bike and know it doesn't run.

The plugs (NGK BP5RES) are also turning black after one lap.

I'm asking because I want my next bike to be able to finish the trial :thumbup:

JACK

Hey Nigel,

yes I do have the Beta though im not keeping it.

I'd had half a year and then the stator went.

Fixed the stator and then something else went within two trials.

After fixing the problem and riding the bike around the garden a loud bang comes out of the bike and know it doesn't run.

The plugs (NGK BP5RES) are also turning black after one lap.

I'm asking because I want my next bike to be able to finish the trial :thumbup:

JACK

sounds like my beta, now my new shercos at it to, giving up trials 3 bikes in a row problems within 3 or 4 weeks

You have surpassed yourself with Shi ite this time. Alexz Wiggs' bike went a whole season without rings if I remember correctly. I think Julian had an 03 practice bike which had never had rings. Bet the Danbys had the same experience.........

Piastons were never changed I'm sure.

Exhausts were changed only when flattened apart from repaacking, so you are wrong, wrong and wrong!!!

What the Dabster said :thumbup:

I simply cannot believe the abuse Ross' 125 Gasser engine has taken without any major engine faults. No doubt it was the same for Wiggy as well. It does help if you have top maintenance of course :P

No 125 motor is going to run 100% for at top level with no attention.......rings will need changing after approx 4 hrs running, piston 8hrs, and exhaustt need attention after around 10hrs .......................

That's probably the case for a 125 MX bike. Trials bikes have an easy life in comparison.

What ho? Atom and Dabster agree! Break out the champers :thumbup: