Dinner Stop

timp

Does anyone know how the new dinner stop arrangement works. It says in the entry paper work that lunch is included. Is it still the burger van? Or are we all off to the local hostelry for a pub lunch :thumbup:

Does anyone know how the new dinner stop arrangement works. It says in the entry paper work that lunch is included. Is it still the burger van? Or are we all off to the local hostelry for a pub lunch :lol:

You wish Mark, I may have a few pub lunches though :thumbup:

Does anyone know how the new dinner stop arrangement works. It says in the entry paper work that lunch is included. Is it still the burger van? Or are we all off to the local hostelry for a pub lunch :P

there is a reason that we dont go to hotels anymore -

for those of you who remember the infamous lunch stop of '83 - the establishment was the Inveroran hotel, the weather was diabolical, and the conduct of the competitors matched the weather. The hotel was trashed, curtains used as towels muddy boots cleaned on the carpets. I remember it was my first day of my first scottish - i wondered what i had let myself in for and couldnt wait to collect my card and get out of there.

After that lunch stops fizzled out.

So its a burger, a cuppa and a bit of fruit from the van. - you will be given a token when you hand your card in and it will get you a fine selection of grub.

there will be plenty left as Gizza5 isn't riding this year :thumbup:

sorry Gizza - couldnt resist - do you remember Inveroran?

Edited by overthehill

there will be plenty left as Gizza5 isn't riding this year :thumbup:

sorry Gizza - couldnt resist - do you remember Inveroran?

Do I remember 1983, I was in the Army and been on some pretty grim excersise areas, but I was thrust into the SSDT as part of the Army Team for my Baptism :moon:

No Gortex back then, we set off in the morning already soaked to the skin, but boy did I look the Kiddie in my new Ellgren Gear and new boots!! and the Inveroran Hotel, most people down to their 'Undercrackers, trying to dry off in front of the open fire :D

As for the Lunch Check I may not be riding, so I could actually spend all day there........NOT just 15 Minutes :P