Llanfyllin Club - Forest Trial

woody

Any of you Lllanfyllin guys have any info on the trial being run this year. Just wondering as I haven't heard or read anything about it yet. I remember there were land issues with nesting birds last year and think it was mentioned the trial may run later in the year to avoid a similar problem

On the Mid Wales Centre dates calendar its listed as running on the 25/5/08. There are a lot of classes to choose from so here they are:

Classes:-

Expert- Red and Blue

Inters- Green

Novice- Yellow

O/40-Yellow

Beginner-White

O/50-White

Twin Shock- White

Pre 65- White

Youth Expert- Red and Blue

Youth A- Green

Youth B- Yellow

Youth Beginner-White

Edited by spud

Thanks for that Spud, not long to wait then.

Can I make a suggestion/request to any of you Llanfyllin lads regarding classes - I know a few riders on Pre65 and twinshock who will ride the yellow route - any chance of having Pre65 and twinshock class on yellow route too as it is an ideal and more challenging route for more capable riders than the white.

Thanks for that Spud, not long to wait then.

Can I make a suggestion/request to any of you Llanfyllin lads regarding classes - I know a few riders on Pre65 and twinshock who will ride the yellow route - any chance of having Pre65 and twinshock class on yellow route too as it is an ideal and more challenging route for more capable riders than the white.

I thought you rode the harder route last year (yellow) as i was i think on the white. Must confess despite the crappy weather one of the better trials from last year and maybe also up for the harder challenge of the yellow route.....

Yes, there were quite a few who rode yellow on twinshocks/Pre65 although there was no actual class for those bikes on that route on the entry - they put one in on the day. It's not really a problem as to ride yellow a rider can enter under O/40 or Novice, doesn't matter what type of bike, but as there were a reasonable number on the old bikes, maybe they could have their own class. I may drag the TYZ out this year anyway and ride intermediate route

Yes, there were quite a few who rode yellow on twinshocks/Pre65 although there was no actual class for those bikes on that route on the entry - they put one in on the day. It's not really a problem as to ride yellow a rider can enter under O/40 or Novice, doesn't matter what type of bike, but as there were a reasonable number on the old bikes, maybe they could have their own class. I may drag the TYZ out this year anyway and ride intermediate route

as I thought, you could ride trials for a whole year and not use the same bike twice :thumbup:

As far as I know we're all OK to go. Just added it to the fixtures page on 25th May. I'll speak to Jean and see what's happening with regs.

I'll also ask about the yellow twinshock/pre-65 route. It's always there as an option, but I think mainly because at our club trials the twinshocks and pre-65's run on white route they've left it there.

At the very least, yes, you can upgrade to the yellow route for a more sporting day out, but award may be limited to those given out for the best riders on the yellow route.

Looks like I need to look at a few days holiday to get some marking out done :thumbup:

As far as I know we're all OK to go. Just added it to the fixtures page on 25th May. I'll speak to Jean and see what's happening with regs.

I'll also ask about the yellow twinshock/pre-65 route. It's always there as an option, but I think mainly because at our club trials the twinshocks and pre-65's run on white route they've left it there.

At the very least, yes, you can upgrade to the yellow route for a more sporting day out, but award may be limited to those given out for the best riders on the yellow route.

Looks like I need to look at a few days holiday to get some marking out done :thumbup:

If you want a hand with the marking out Gaz, give me a shout :D

• 2 weeks later...
WIth a bit of luck, might have me hands on a trusty Fantic 240 :barf: The thing is, can I remember how to ride it :rolleyes:

Yes I am considering letting you ride my unpurchased Fantic 240, but only if you agree to replace any broken parts.

.....don't hear many offers like these on TC, but hey i'm such a nice guy. :D

Yes I am considering letting you ride my unpurchased Fantic 240, but only if you agree to replace any broken parts.

.....don't hear many offers like these on TC, but hey i'm such a nice guy. :barf:

I don't break and Bike parts when I ride... oh no.. only my body parts normally :rolleyes: