Finally

dabnabit

ok ok, so what does this prove! That the world finally has ONE woman that can drive :thumbup:

Well??...Apparently, she drove 200 laps at full blast ,flat out but after she finished a male mechanic had to park it in the pit garage for her (in-case there was any reversing involved :banana2: ) !

As for Slapshot3 drooling over her ,I reckon her team relied on the same tactic that greyhound/whippet racers use...you know,not many males finish ahead of a female in season. :D

ok ok, so what does this prove! That the world finally has ONE woman that can drive :rotfl:

It was only in a circle.... She was probably using her gps.... "Go half mile turn left then go half mile and turn left...." ;)

Glorified Nascar... Put her in an F1 then see what happens. I think that they keep her around just to see her Bi%$# out the other drivers... Drama :banana2:

--Biff

Atom take a ride around the Nurburgring with Sabine Schmitz in het ringtaxi. I did and i will never make jokes about women drivers again :barf:

It was a very tounge in cheek comment to be honest :D . I have seen the top gear episode where Sabine drives the van and yup! total respect :rolleyes:

Biffster, Have you ever riden in a nascar? Or any type of race car? Pretty scary. The late model dirt cars and sprint cars have to be the wildest to drive. I think it's cool that Danica finally did it. Drama or not. Hey and check out the behind the scenes pictures!!! :o She is multi talented!

Biffster, Have you ever riden in a nascar? Or any type of race car? Pretty scary. The late model dirt cars and sprint cars have to be the wildest to drive. I think it's cool that Danica finally did it. Drama or not. Hey and check out the behind the scenes pictures!!! :o She is multi talented!

Yeah I have taken the "Richard Petty" experience down at indy. Scared the crud out of me. I am not saying that it was easy by any means. If it were we would see a lot more people out there doing it. In college I was president of an scca team running solo 1's and 2's along with wheel to wheel (www.broncomotorsports.com) and i grew up near watkins glen so i am a huge fan of road corses. Just a personal preference. Danica would kick my A... in 2 loops. My arms would fall appart by then. :o I just think that she gets too much press for being a high maintance sailor mouthed hot chick...

--Biff

A little female sailor talk, never hurt anybody! :D

I did a Petty ride along at Charlotte. We headed up pit road like a dragster, as we neared the track all you could see was a wall of asphalt......with black stripes heading straight up into the wall! ;) On the track with another car they took turns drafting and passing each other. Lets just say thats another thing I don't have the nads for. But I found a new respect for the circle drivers. And anytime I hear someone say " it looks like he hit them on purpose" I'm thinking... the wind buffeting probably caused it.

Much as I quite like Danica you have to realise that there is a lot of hype around her. Katherine Legge was the first winner of an open wheel race in the US. That was in the feeder series to IRL and has been "lost" in the rush to fete Danica. The Boss of IRL Tony George is also facing problems over this as the other drivers are wondering if it worth staying in the "Danica racing League" . He seems to promote her over the races themselves which could be a mistake given how little respect some Motor racing journalist's have for her.

As for the Oval races. Most U.S. observers have twigged that having slicks, limited engines and a reasonable aero package means that the cars are able to run "flat out" with minimal driver input. The "real" tester is the road courses, then you see the battle of the best drivers rather than tactics and luck. Danica doesn't really feature that well despite being in one of the best teams.

NASCAR is a different kettle of fish in that the cars have LOTS of power and need to be carefully managed on the ovals.

Edited by Telecat

Much as I quite like Danica you have to realise that there is a lot of hype around her. Katherine Legge was the first winner of an open wheel race in the US. That was in the feeder series to IRL and has been "lost" in the rush to fete Danica. The Boss of IRL Tony George is also facing problems over this as the other drivers are wondering if it worth staying in the "Danica racing League" . He seems to promote her over the races themselves which could be a mistake given how little respect some Motor racing journalist's have for her.

As for the Oval races. Most U.S. observers have twigged that having slicks, limited engines and a reasonable aero package means that the cars are able to run "flat out" with minimal driver input. The "real" tester is the road courses, then you see the battle of the best drivers rather than tactics and luck. Danica doesn't really feature that well despite being in one of the best teams.

NASCAR is a different kettle of fish in that the cars have LOTS of power and need to be carefully managed on the ovals.

Promotors will push whatever fills the stands. Motor racing journalist's, don't buy tickets. Spectators do, americans love an underdog. So promote the woman, sell tickets, fill stands, have large purses, attract lots of drivers, get tv time, I guess it will only be a mistake if the series does not grow. Time will tell.

Promotors will push whatever fills the stands. Motor racing journalist's, don't buy tickets. Spectators do, americans love an underdog. So promote the woman, sell tickets, fill stands, have large purses, attract lots of drivers, get tv time, I guess it will only be a mistake if the series does not grow. Time will tell.

And there is the Mistake. The reason IRL and Champcar have merged is that much as IRL is doing better than Champcar neither is drawing the audiences NASCAR does in the US. Danica Is a short term fix that could mean drivers moving to other series. Personally I dislike the Oval racing as in NASCAR it seems to be a lottery and in IRL only Ganassi, Andretti and Penske look like long term front runners. I much prefer the Rolex Grandam Sportcar Series and the ALMS where Audi now have more Porsche LMP's to deal with.

And there is the Mistake. The reason IRL and Champcar have merged is that much as IRL is doing better than Champcar neither is drawing the audiences NASCAR does in the US. Danica Is a short term fix that could mean drivers moving to other series. Personally I dislike the Oval racing as in NASCAR it seems to be a lottery and in IRL only Ganassi, Andretti and Penske look like long term front runners. I much prefer the Rolex Grandam Sportcar Series and the ALMS where Audi now have more Porsche LMP's to deal with.

And I thought the reason IRL and Champcar were merging is because neither were doing very well.

The only interesting racing is that which you spend the time to know and understand.

I went to work at a motorcycle shop a few years, and the owner raced "Late model" oval dirt track cars. Being a road course gran prix snob (and motorcycle snob) I thought I'd go check out what the red necks were up to. WOW! it was very cool. I couldn't believe how tech it was. The suspension and tires are so sophisticated, watching a car dive into a corner at 100 plus, sideways, inches.. and I mean you couldn't put your hand between the nose of the car and the inside wall.

I thought it would be a bunch of morons going around in boring circles, but it was very cool. About as boring as I thought trials would be, before I tried it and watched it.