Pre 65 Sections

eiger

Despite watching/riding the SSDT most years since 1985 we've never been to watch the pre 65 so this year we're going up earlier.

Can anyone advise on what sections to go to and what the route is or has it not been published yet?

Apologies if this has already been discussed but can't find it if it has.

Thanks

You'll need to buy a Programme to find the sections and routes. Well worth the money and profits go to charity.

Basically the start on both Friday and Saturday is in Kinlochleven at a civilised 10am usually from the car park near the Ice Factor (well worth a look in) and from the school on Saturday where hot and cold sandwiches and drinks are on sale in aid of school funds.

Riders on each day are split. Odds go left and evens go right to cover the 30 or so sections, 20ish mile 'figure of 8' lap.

Lots of sections on the road side both days although Pipeline, the favourite venue, is a bit of an uphill walk from Kinlochleven.

Don't expect SSDT style sections. Just enjoy the old bikes from the 50s and 60s plonking their way round sections best suited to the old (if somewhat modified) machinery piloted mostly by riders from the same era.

The smell of nostalgia fills the air!

There is a change to the direction of the Blackwater loop on Friday as far as I can tell in that riders do the loop anti-clockwise this year, from the top of Pipeline. Several of the sections have different names from recent years, but where they are or what they are, don't know. Which brings us back to "Buy a Programme" - sorry can't be of more help.

What Rappers said.....

from what I've heard Friday runs Aluminium Works, Pipeline, Ait Tamh, Dubh Lochan, Coire Na Cruadhie, Meall Na Cruadhie 1 and 2, etc etc , I'm observig at Meall na Cruadhie on Friday......Upper Mamore Saturday, be sure and say hi

what you do is follow the oil drips.. or the ambulances chasing old men who woke up thinking they were 18 again.. or the expensive motorhomes with even more expensive lumps of iron on thier backs..

seriously no need to stray too far from either of the roads in and out of kinlochleven best to take a shooting stick or a rug and watch the whole entry through a section saves the legs and is a nice way to see every bike

dont waste your legs walking up to pipeline or anywhere further , aluminium works if full of water is more than you'll need for entertainment

Edited by totalshell

from what I've heard Friday runs Aluminium Works, Pipeline, Ait Tamh, Dubh Lochan, Coire Na Cruadhie, Meall Na Cruadhie 1 and 2, etc etc , I'm observig at Meall na Cruadhie on Friday......Upper Mamore Saturday, be sure and say hi

Oooh! Wouldn't like to be you when the programme sales dip cos of yer gob!! :banana2:

Oooh! Wouldn't like to be you when the programme sales dip cos of yer gob!! :banana2:

I'm cool with it......another thick ear from Mrs G...wouldn't be the same without it. :rotfl:

D

(anyway keep this really quiet, That's only the first half dozen groups, I didn't want to scare the likes of OTF and Big John too much.....they'll wet themselves when they find out they're doing the scrubbing at Grey Mares Tail and Schoolhouse for Monday morning......and as for this new Super Step that OTH has been talking about, we'll need a block and tackle to get some of those old bikes up that....like I say keep that one quiet) ;)

Don't worry about me, I've seen the route already! Not that it will make any difference to my score...

Yes buying the programme is a must, I buy more than one just for posterity.

One to use and read, the others kept mint in the filing cabinet in the dark!

Big John

I'm cool with it......another thick ear from Mrs G...wouldn't be the same without it. ;)

D

(anyway keep this really quiet, That's only the first half dozen groups, I didn't want to scare the likes of OTF and Big John too much.....they'll wet themselves when they find out they're doing the scrubbing at Grey Mares Tail and Schoolhouse for Monday morning......and as for this new Super Step that OTH has been talking about, we'll need a block and tackle to get some of those old bikes up that....like I say keep that one quiet) :barf:

I hate you i hate you i hate you :rotfl:

Better take a bigger box for all the bits :banana2:

Don't worry about me, I've seen the route already! Not that it will make any difference to my score...

Yes buying the programme is a must, I buy more than one just for posterity.

One to use and read, the others kept mint in the filing cabinet in the dark!

Big John

Why were you in the Fort yesterday.....???????

Programmes, I 'll buy three of each, on to use, one for Mrs Slapshot to spill coffee over at some point during the week and one to keep in mint condition....sad, anorak types..... :rotfl:

I hate you i hate you i hate you

Better take a bigger box for all the bits

Paul, Do you still want me to take that extra refreshment out....that extra bit of erm courage :banana2: