Water Pump Guard

boofont

I'm really happy to hear that, Dave. I was working a clean when I nicked the rock & the hose started spewing; cost me a five because I shut it down & jumped off to push the last 3 feet or so out of the section & get it on it's side before all of the coolant ran out. I will be thrilled when I get the CF goodies for the bike and can feel a bit more confident about the ride home...

BTW, that was my first event with the Scorpa & it went pretty well (all things considered). I hadn't even had it out on a trail yet so the whole time was a learning experience. I pulled a stupid that morning in all of the excitement & forgot to eat; couldn't figure out why I was having all of that stomach cramping during the loop. I had a bit of cold cereal at 6AM & didn't eat until 3PM, go figure!!! In spite of this and my muscles being out of whack from lack of practice, it was the first event since I rode in early 2000 where my second loop score was close to my first! In all actuality, it would have been three under the first loop had I not taken the five on that last section to keep from having to make a long walk back to the paddock. I'm still learning the way it behaves and probably had too much air in the tires as well, so I'm very encouraged by the possibilities it holds. My next event is in March and I hope to be more familiar with the bike by then; looking forward to seeing what I can do with it! ;)

I believe mine were set at 6 and 7 per the manual; I thought it seemed a bit odd that the rear was to be higher than the front! My front end stuck pretty well, biggest problem was traction with all of the mud. The rear didn't want to grip & it's probably due to the pressure being too high. That it behaved as well as it did is testament to how good the bike is! B)

I've got to finish cleaning & reassembling it before I can try out the pressures you recommended, but I'll let you know when I do. Thanks for the help! B)

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 years later...

• 4 years later...

Yes i've dragged up an old thread - saves starting a new one :rolleyes:

I sliced through my hose on the water pump this weekend after hitting a rock - all the links to covers available don't work or the parts are no longer listed - anyone know where i can get a good cover that protects pump and pipe.

Cheers

Yes i've dragged up an old thread - saves starting a new one :rolleyes:

I sliced through my hose on the water pump this weekend after hitting a rock - all the links to covers available don't work or the parts are no longer listed - anyone know where i can get a good cover that protects pump and pipe.

Cheers

Try birkett LINK

He also does an angled waterpump

Edited by thespikeyone