Gas Gas / Marzocchi

NAD1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BC: Did you ever sort out what forks are on the bike?

Not sure, rode saturday and sunday and they felt no different in their action to my old bike. Rode quite a few steps at both trials and did and hours practice after the trial at Bracken rocks and was happy with the way they rode. :) Didn't get chance to swap my bars yet but will give them a few more trials to bed in and then compare them with the ones on my dads 250.

BillyCraig, interested to know how the RAGA 300 compares with a humble 280, did you find the 300 too much of a handful ?

I'm defiantly missing it now, but, i think overall I'm more suited to a 280. Loved my Raga but it had its good/bad points like any bike i guess. Felt it made me a little lazy. In a normal trial it would go up anything (occasionally without me :)) even if you left things a little late. Simply had immense power all through the range. On the downside, in trials like some of the Novagars and the Scottish it was probably a little to much as most of my effort was spent controlling the bike towards the end of the trial. Made the decision to go back on a 280 to give me back a little bit more control (hopefully), would love to have tried the 280 RAGA in comparison.

Got caught out a fair bit at the weekend using the same rev's that i would of on the RAGA and i simply had to learn to ride the 280 more aggressively. Am defiantly missing the Keihin so it's the first thing on my shopping list.

Interestingly today's TMX 'test' of the RAGA300 featured Shaun Morris' bike being ridden (with what looked like Aluminum 'Zokes) and a straight from the crate machine for photograhpy, with no such markings on the upper forks. Looks like the change to a different fork manufacturer has caught even the supported riders on the hop! - saw one in the flesh at a club event on sunday, must admit they are very tempting ...