Sit Down Wheelies

• 8 months later...

it depends where you are but start on an uphill, i can do nice slow wheelies forever in 4th gear but you tend to be rocking forwards and backwards around the balance point, if you get a bit of speed up in 5th and simultaneously wang the throttle, slip the clutch, compress the back suspension and sit down straight away the front end should come straight up, you'll probably then have to back off for a split sec then feed the throttle on and off gently and you'll find that there's a certain point/angle where the bike feels quite strange and light on your arms, this is the good angle! always remember that even though you might feel uncomfortably steep the bike will probably go another 20 degrees before it spits you off the back and you're not steep until you hear the back fender scraping!

my bikes a 250 so you'll prob need to be a gear down on what i said.

what an essay, sorry.

• 2 months later...

I started doing sit downs by accident, I rode up a dyke pretty slowly and the front came up, so did it again a few times and before I noticed I was going up the dyke, over the road at the top down the otherside and accross a field all on back wheel.

It's all about resting your foot on the back brake and learning to 'feather' it once you feel the bike is coming up to high ................ the only exception to this rule is if you ride a 4t, the braking can then be controlled by the throttle. Learn by bringing the bike up off the clutch and get your legs hanging off the back dragging along the ground (almost like you are walking along with the bike on the back wheel), this will give you a sense of how far the bike will come up before you come off the back (it's higher than you think !). keep doing this and lift your feet little by little. As the other guy's have said, an incline helps. Keep at it and you will be doing walking pace sit down wheelies within 6 months. ... gud luck.