Cleaning Up Old White Plastics & Seat

wasntme

Can anyone help me with any ideas of how to restore my old Beta TR34 seat? Its almost growing mould now!

I've been a silent browser here for many months but can't find an answer!

It looks like I'm never going to find a decent replacement. I remember years ago I had a TY250 and the plastics were a little rough. I just kept using wet and dry after after trial to keep that clean. But I'm trying to get the bike to a fairly decent condition and this is my stumbling block.

It looks like I'm going to have to get a sticker set made up too.

Has any one ever tried repainting or getting a plastic filler / compound to bring it upto scratch? I was also thinking of taking the seat / gel off and finding a decent red strip that I could glue on.

Has anyone ever done a similarthing on their bike? Any ideas much appreciated.

(As is the offer to sell me a nice clean seat and plastics) :)

Hopefully there should be a picture here aswell:

seatcrop.jpg

Cheers guys, thats what I was thinking of doing if theres no alternatives. Last time I jiffed / household cleaned the TY I was about 15 so didn't care then.

Just got back into Trials and thought they may be a wonder product out by now!

Bathroom cleaners and scouring pads it is!

Anyone ever tried making a gel seat or replacing with a hard wearing plastic / grippy type surface?

Hi there,

Hey, I was in the Guisborough club too, few years ago!

I forgot about the seat bit. I have the same plastics on a 1989 air cooled GG 250 and the once blue seat has gone to mush over the years. I scraped the stuff off, cleaned up the plastic with a knife and stuck a mid 90's GG seat sticker in place, looks ok.

Bye, PeterB.